- The Bouvet Ladubay is the best winery in the Loire valley with 500 medals and awards to its credit.
- Also a part of the UNESCO world heritage, this famous winery produces fine sparkling wines.
- Visit the cellars of the winery any time of the year and indulge in wine tasting.
- Take a guided wine tour through the excavated underground cellars and discover the steps of producing sparkling wines by "Methode Traditionnelle".
- Check out the “Sunken Cathedral” which has 35 monumental sculptures well hidden in the underground galleries of this winery.
Location: 11 Rue Jean Ackerman, 49400 Saumur, France
Timings: Daily 10 AM to 6 PM
Château des Vaults
- Château des Vaults is another one of the popular Loire Valley Wineries which is known for the quality of its wines.
- The prestigious organic winery is also known for being a designated conservation area where you will be able to locate a number of species of rare plants which can only be found on the banks of the River Loire.
- Visit the winery to taste the high-quality Chenin Blanc wine along with Cabernet Franc.
- While adults relish the taste of wine, the little ones can enjoy grape juice.
- Embark on a self-guided tour of the vineyard to check out the biodiversity of the estate.
- Attend some of the events hosted by the chateau such as modern sculpture exhibitions, literature evenings, concerts etc.
Location: 1 Pl. du Mail, 49170 Savennières, France
Timings: Tues to Sat: 10 am – 1 pm, 2 pm – 6 pm; Sun & Mon: Closed
Le Domaine des Vallettes
- Listed amongst the best wineries in the Loire valley is Le Domaine des Vallettes, a family-owned winery for 8 generations.
- Visit the cellars of this family-owned estate to learn about the traditional wine-making process that has been passed on from generation to generation.
- Embark on a tour of the vineyard and learn about the art of winemaking.
- Feel enchanted as you take a look at fresh rosé wines and fruity red wines.
- Get the opportunity to taste the Cabernet Franc, the speciality of Le Domaine des Vallettes
Location: Domaine Des Vallettes, Rte de la Maladrie, 37140 Saint-Nicolas-de-Bourgueil, France
Timings: Mon to Sat: 9 am – 12 pm, 2 pm – 6 pm; Sun: Closed
- Château Soucherie is one of the best wineries to visit in Loire valley and is known for producing wines using eco-friendly methods.
- This vineyard produces several varieties of grapes and you will be able to enjoy some excellent wine options.
- Visit the winery and embark on a tour of the cellar and vineyard.
- Go on a guided wine-tasting tour and taste the winery’s speciality, the Anjou Blanc, which has been made from Chenin Blanc grapes.
- Learn the process of how the fully ripe grapes are fermented and aged in new oak to prepare these flavourful wines.
- Opt to stay overnight at the boutique guesthouse of the winery at the Maison des Amis.
Location: Lieu-dit la soucherie, 49750 Beaulieu-sur-Layon, France
Timings: Mon to Sat: 9 am. to 6 pm; Sun: Closed
Château de Minière
- Covering over 18 hectares of the region on Bourgueil is the 17th-century Château de Minière, one of the Loire Valley Wineries.
- The vineyard is known for several of its organic wine varieties of rosé, sparkling, and red wines which are primarily made from Cabernet Franc.
- Opt to go on a self-guided tour, a guided tour or a cycling wine tour of the vineyard.
- Go for classic wine tasting and taste some of the winery’s specialities.
Location: 25 Rue de Minière, 37140 Ingrandes de Touraine, France
Timings: Daily 10 am to 6 pm
- The 17-hectare estate of Domaine Sauvète is also listed as one of the best wineries in the Loire valley.
- Domaine Sauvète is well known for producing natural, organic wines and has been with the family for four generations.
- Opt to embark on a wine-tasting experience to get the flavourful taste of several unique wine styles including the sparkling Crémant de Loire.
- Embark on a wine tour through the cellars and vineyard of Domaine Sauvète and delight in tasting red, white, and sparkling wines at the end of the tour.
Location: 15 Rte des Vignes, 41400 Monthou-sur-Cher, France
Timings: Mon to Sat: 10 am – 12 pm, 2 pm – 6 pm; Sun: Closed
- One of the best wineries in the Loire valley is Domaine Coirier, known for its local and international varieties.
- Visit the winery to learn more about its sustainable practices in winemaking and viticulture where they have blended modern technology with traditional methods.
- Go for the free wine-tasting experience and try varieties such as Pinot Noir, Chardonnay and Chenin Blanc.
Location: 15 Rue des Gelinieres LA PETITE GROIE, 85200 Pissotte, France
Timings: Tue, Thurs to Sat: 9 am – 12 pm, 2:30 pm – 6 pm; Sun, Mon & Wed: Closed
Château du Petit Thouars
- Chateau du Petit Thouars, one of the Loire Valley Wineries, has found its place in several distinguished wine guides and magazines.
- Embark on a tour of the property and visit the ground floor of the chateau along with the vineyards and cellar.
- Indulge in choosing wine-tasting experiences where you get to taste the specialities such as Chinon and Touraine wines.
- Couple the wine-tasting experience with some mouthwatering food and enjoy a picnic with family or friends.
Location: Château du Petit Thouars, 37500 Saint-Germain-sur-Vienne, France
Timings: Mon to Sat:9:30 am – 6:30 pm; Sun: Closed
- Cave Monplaisir is located inside the tufa cliffs and is one of the best wineries in the Loire valley.
- The wine cave is owned by three Chinon wine estates: Jean-Maurice Raffault, Domaine de L'Abbaye, and Domaine du Raffault.
- Enjoy an opportunity to taste wine inside a cave.
- Take a tour of the cave with its extensive caverns, and tunnels lined with caskets.
- Walk through the cave rooms that are filled with antique bottles of wine as well as recently prepared ones.
- Learn more about the wines of the region and various vineyards at the information counter.
- Taste some of their wines based on the Cabernet Franc grape.
Location: 50 Quai Pasteur, 37500 Chinon, France
Timings: Thurs to Tue: 10:30 am to 12:30 pm, 2:30 pm to 6:00 pm, Wed: Closed
Domaine de Rocheville
- Domaine de Rocheville, one of the Loire Valley Wineries, was started 15 years ago to produce high-quality Chenin Blanc and Cabernet Franc wines.
- Winner of several awards, the winery produces four different styles of Saumur Champigny.
- Take a tour of the winery along with the cellars and the vineyard.
- Sit on the terrace overlooking Parnay valley with the Loire River and enjoy wine varieties such as Chenin Blanc for white wines, Cabernet Franc for dry Saumur rosé and others.
Location: Les, Chem. des Hauts de Valbrun, 49730 Parnay, France
Timings: Mon to Sat: 10 am. to 6 pm; Sun: Closed