Indonesia is world’s largest archipelago which offers some of the best things to do for the tourists. The country is known for its well preserved natural resources. No other place can boast of so many exotic spots than Indonesia. The beach line is truly spectacular. Some of the popular beaches in Indonesia are Kuta Beach in Bali, Senggigi Beach in Lombok, and Bunaken Beach in Manado. Tourists flock to these beaches in huge numbers. The pristine environment and clean air of these beaches rejuvenate and refresh the tourists Equator passes through this amazingly beautiful country.
Indonesia abounds in abundance of natural wealth. All thanks to its untouched natural beauty Indonesia has emerged as a coveted tourist destination in recent times. The scenic beauty of Indonesia is sure to leave you awestruck. Besides natural beauty, Indonesia also boasts of rich cultural heritage. It is amazing to see how people follow their culture and tradition in this beautiful land. There are several tribes which reside in Indonesia in complete harmony. It is wonderful to view the cultural diversity and heritage of this marvelous land. There are so many things which you can do on your Indonesia trip. You can book a cycling tour of Bali. You can indulge in adventure activities such as kayaking, rafting etc. The tropical rainforests of Munduk Langki offer excellent horse riding opportunity. So, whatever be your real calling, there is a lot which you can do in Indonesia. Every part of Indonesia has its own culinary story, so you have amazing food available everywhere.
There are several tourist attractions in Indonesia. From Komodo National Park which is the only habitat of Komodo in the whole world to Carstensz Pyramids which is covered in complete snow there is a plethora of natural attractions Indonesia. So, these are some of best things to do in Indonesia.
Places to Visit and Things to Do in Indonesia
People Also Ask About Indonesia Things To Do
What are some of the must do things in Indonesia?
The list of must do things in Indonesia is quite extensive.
- If you are a wildlife enthusiast you must visit the Komodo National Park where you will be able to see Komodo dragon. Komodo Island also offers wonderful diving sites so you can discover the outstanding underwater life here.
- You must quench the adventure spirit in you by going for cycling tours of the country. Another must do thing is visit to Bromo mountain which is an active volcano. The sight is simply spectacular.
- You can also go for kayaking in Ayung River in south Bali. This is a thrilling experience. Then some people even book rafting tours and wake sliding at Tanjung Benoa.So, these are some of the must do things in Indonesia
Which are some of the best adventure activities in Indonesia?
Indonesia offers a lot of adventure activities to adventure enthusiasts from across the globe. Some of the best adventure activities available in Indonesia are:
- Kayaking in Ayung River
- White water rafting at Denpasar
- Wake Sliding at Tanjung Benoa
- Banana Boat ride on beaches of Bali
- Scuba diving amidst Manta Rays in Nusa Penida
- ATV tours in Nusa Dua, Ubud and Sanur area
- Mountain Cycling
So, be all braced to indulge in different adventure activities available in Indonesia.
Which are must try water sports in Indonesia?
The various water sports which you can try in Indonesia are kayaking, white water rafting, scuba diving, swimming, wake sliding and banana boat riding. All these activities are lot of fun and should be done under complete expert guidance. You get professional gear for scuba diving, white water rafting, kayaking etc. Make sure you have adequate training before you venture out into these activities. Most of the adventure activity operators will tell you to sign a consent form before you undertake in any of adventure activities. These water sports can only be done by people who are not afraid of water.
What are some of the best romantic things to do in Indonesia during honeymoon?
Indonesia is like a haven for honeymooners. There is a wide plethora of activities which you can do here on your honeymoon.
- Book a bicycling tour together
- Visit the Marigold flower fields in Desa Belok
- Campuhan Ridge Walk
- Wine and dine at exotic restaurants in Bali
- Visit the Angelita Patisserie for some sweet cravings
- Spending quality time at Lake Batur
- Book a lavish private villa with indoor pool
- Stay at the cliffside for magnificent views
You will be spoilt for choice in Indonesia. All you have to do is make up your mind as what kind of activities you want to indulge in and Indonesia will serve you all on the platter.
Which are best treks in Indonesia?
Indonesia offers world class trekking tours. Mentioned below are some of the best treks in Indonesia.
- Trek to Mount Semeru
- Mount Merbabu hiking tour
- Hiking tour of Mount Batur
- Trekking trip of Komodo National Park
- Mount Kelimutu Adventure trip
- Trek to Sipiso-Piso Waterfall
- Hiking tour of the breathtaking Mount Rinjani
These are some of the popular trekking routes in Indonesia. Go for trekking under supervision of experts. Carry the necessary gear as the terrain is sure to offer you suprises at each and every step.
Which are some famous places for scuba diving in Indonesia and how much will it cost me?
There are basically three diving zones in Indonesia. For the beginners the area around Padang Bay, Amed and Pulau Menjangan are apt as the currents are too strong. The advanced divers should flock to Nusa Lembongan, Nusa Penida and Candidasa. The currents in this area re strong so these dive sites should be approached with caution and care.
The best dive sites in Bali are
- Manta Point
- Liberty Ship Wreck
- Secret Bay in Gilimanuk
- Crystal Bay
Scuba diving costs around $60 to $70. One dive cost is roughly between $25 to $ 35.You can buy Padi open water course for around $290. The advanced cost costs $265.
Which are famous beaches for surfing in Indonesia?
One of the most popular outdoor sports available in Indonesia is surfing. The perfect sea breeze makes Indonesia the most sought after surfing spot. Some of the best surfing beaches in Indonesia are mentioned below:
- Mentawai Islands in West Sumatra
- Plengkung Beach
- Uluwatu Beach in Bali
- Lagundri Bay, Nias Island
- Surf Desert Point in Lombok
- Ombak Tujuh in Sukabumi, West Java
- Panaitan Island in West Java
- Sumbawa Island located close to Lombok
- Nusa Penida and Nusa Lembongan in Bali
- Watu Karung Beach in East Java
What are the best cruising experiences in Indonesia?
Indonesia offers a spectacular cruising experience. You can book an island hopping cruise or even go in for cruising on the azure river network of the country. A lot of people book a 2 night river cruise to see Tanjung Putting National Park. Equally popular is a 7-night cruise trip from Bali to the very famous Komodo Island. . You can also cruise around Raja Ampat Islands which are located in the North Eastern part of Indonesia.
Which are best places for river rafting in Indonesia?
Indonesia offers superb river rafting opportunity to the adventure enthusiasts. The best places for river rafting are mentioned below:
- Telaga and Ayung River in Bali
- Rafting in Nimanga and Sadan in Sulawesi
- Rafting in Elo and Citarik River in West
- Rafting in waters of Amandit and Lamandau River in Kalimantan
Both beginners and veterans can indulge in rafting activity. Just make sure rafting expeditions are carried on under expert guidance. Rafting is an exhilarating activity which will bring you closer to exotic flora and fauna.
Which are best places to go for wildlife safari in Indonesia?
Indonesia offers exotic wildlife tours. You must book wildlife and cultural safari to have a closer brush with exotic flora and fauna of the country. Some of the popular wildlife tours in Indonesia are:
• Wildlife tour of the Komodo Island
• Taman Safari tour in Jakarta
• Bali Safari and Marine Park
• Elephant Safari in Ubud
• Orangutan wildlife tour in Sumatra
Which are best places to explore on a cycle in Indonesia?
The best places to explore on a cycle in Indonesia are Ubud, Nusa Penida, Mt Batur volcano, Jatiluwih, Besaikih village, Kuta etc. Wander through the rice and salak plantations in the Besakih village. This agricultural village is flanked by lovely clove and cacao trees. A cycling tour brings you closer to the real culture and lifestyle of people of Indonesia. You get to know about their native crafts. You can hire expert services of a guide on your cycling tour.
Which are some famous places for snorkeling in Indonesia and how much are its charges?
Few of the famous places for snorkeling in Indonesia are:
- Gili Islands
- Snorkeling among the manta rays in Nusa Lembongan
- Snorkeling at Nusa Penida
- Jemeluk Beach
- Snorkeling in pristine waters of Nusa Dua, South Kuta, Bali
- Snorkeling at Kepa and Komodo Dragon Island
- Snorkeling at Bunaken Island
Snorkeling tours costs roughly INR 2300 per person. But the cost can vary according to location and time of the year. During peak tourist season, you will have to shell out more money for the same activity.
Which are famous volcano treks in Indonesia?
There are several volcano treks in Indonesia which will simply leave you awestruck. These volcanoes offer breathtaking views. Because of these volcanoes Indonesia gets the name Indonesia Ring of Fire. Some of the famous volcano treks in Indonesia are mentioned below:
- Hiking trip of Mount Bromo and Mount Semeru
- Trek to Ijen Crater
- Trek to dormant Mount Merbabu also known as ‘Mountain of Ash’
- Camping at Rakata Island
- Trekking Mount Kerinci which is tallest volcano in Indonesia
- Hiking tour of Mount Batur
- Trekking tour of Mount Rinjani
- Trek to Mount Kelimutu to view the tri-colored lakes
Where can I go for elephant safari in Indonesia?
For elephant safari visit Ubud in Bali. Your elephant safari begins with romping on to the back of huge elephants as they splash and play with water. Elephant safari takes you right amidst verdant tropical jungles of Indonesia. You can also see elephant talent show and even feed the animal in its natural surroundings.
Which are some amazing aerial activities in Indonesia?
Some of the popular aerial activities in Indonesia are:
- Zipline and Aerial Adventure Park in Tabanan
- Flying fish Boat ride in Bali
- Jet Pack in South Kuta
- Parasailing tour of Tanjung Benoa
Which places will give me the best experience of art and culture in Indonesia?
Indonesia is known world over for its rich art and culture. In fact its diverse culture will simply amaze you. If ancient art intrigues you, you must visit village of Ubud where you will see lovely sculptures made of wood and bamboo, traditional paintings etc. you can also visit the ancient tribes on Sumba Island. Another amazing art and culture trip can be visit to far flung Sulawesi Islands.
Which are some famous pilgrimages sites to visit in Indonesia?
Some of the famous pilgrimage sites in Indonesia are:
- Borobudur in Central Java
- Tanah Lot Temple
- Grand Mosque of Bandung
- Uluwatu Temple
- Baiturrahman Grand Mosque
- Prambanan temple in Central Java
Mother Temple of Besaikh
Where can I go for sea walking in Indonesia? What are the cost of it?
Sea walking is for those people who desire to check out marine life but are not keen on diving or swimming. Sea walking offers this amazing opportunity to explore the outstanding underwater life in Indonesia. Sea walking tours are available in different areas of Indonesia such as Nusa Dua, Sanur etc. It costs 500 to 659 IDR depending whether you include the travel or not
Which are best places for yoga in Indonesia?
There are several yoga retreats in Indonesia. Mentioned below are some of the popular ones:
- The Yoga Barn Ubud
- Radiantly Alive, Ubud
- Prana Spa Seminyak
- Taksu Yoga in Ubud
- Power of Now Oasis, Sanur
- Shankari’s Yoga Retreat
- Desi Seni Eco Village
- Mysore Ashtanga Yoga at Samadi
Which are best places for spa and massage in Indonesia?
A spa and massage treatment is sure to rejuvenate your mind and body. Indonesia is known to offers some of the best spa and massage treatments in the whole world. Mentioned below are few of the best spa and massage places in Indonesia:
- Smart Day Spa in Kuta
- Febri’s Spa
- Soma Massage and Spa
- Good Massage in Denpasar
- Ayana Resort and Spa
- Riverside Spa at Maya
- Fivelements, Puri
- Royal Kirana Spa in Ubud
- Lembah Spa