Munnar is a spectacular spot in Kerala, and its beauty attracts thousands of visitors every year towards it. What makes Munnar even more popular is the presence of three rivers that flow through this area, namely Mattupetti, Periavaru, and Nallathanni. Various viewpoints are segregated throughout this area, from where you can have a look at the stunning valleys, hills, and rivers. It’s pleasant hills, pristine lakes, and rocky terrains have further made it a popular trekking and camping site.
Some of the local attractions like Salim Ali Bird Sanctuary and elusive Nilgiri Tahr attract tourists from all across the world over here. Nestled between the beautiful hills of Munnar is a pristine waterfall named Atukkad Waterfall, where you can come for a romantic escapade. Photopoint is another stunning destination in Munnar filled with sparkling stream and calm woods and is an ideal spot for taking photographs.
Trekking and camping are the most popular activities that you must try during your visit to Munnar. Apart from this, you can stay in a treehouse or visit the tea plantations for a surreal experience. Safari tour of Eravikulam National Park and Shikara ride in Kundala lake should also be the top things to do in Munnar.
The weather in Munnar remains quite pleasant throughout the year, but in summer, people especially come to this place to escape from the scorching heat in other parts of the country. During monsoon season Munnar experiences heavy rainfall that might hamper your travel plan as most of the activities are restricted during this time of the year. The best time to visit Munnar is between March to September when the weather stays very pleasant.
Places To Visit In Munnar During a Munnar Family Trip
Things To Do In Munnar during The Munnar family Tour1. Enjoy panoramic views from the Pothamedu View Point: One of the best things to do and include in your Munnar family tour packages is a visit to the Pothamedu View Point. This viewpoint offers you more than just a view; it is a journey into the heart of Munnar's captivating natural beauty. The panoramic vista spans emerald tea and coffee plantations, punctuated by hilly contours and the wide expanse of azure skies. The unmissable play of colours at sunset adds to the charm, offering a spectacle of the sky as it blushes with hues of pink and orange.
2. Explore the History Of Tea at TATA Tea Museum: You can also enjoy a tour of the TATA Tea Museum with your family, which is akin to tracing the legacy of Munnar’s celebrated tea estates. Here, you explore the transformation of tea leaves from their lush plantations to the final brew that wakes you up every morning. Watch live demonstrations of tea processing and discover the technology and work that goes behind your everyday cup of tea. The displays and artefacts, chronicling Munnar's long-standing tryst with tea cultivation, offer intriguing insights into the region's cultural and economic history.
3. Soak in the stunning views of Lakkam Waterfalls: As part of your Munnar packages for family, enjoy the stunning views of surrounding landscapes from the Lakkam Waterfalls, which await you with their breathtaking beauty. Hidden away in Munnar's lush wilderness, the waterfall is a sight to behold. As the water cascades down rocky cliffs and splashes into a glistening pool below, you witness nature’s awe-inspiring spectacle. The surrounding forest, a rich tapestry of diverse flora, provides an exquisite backdrop. Whether you choose to dive into the cool waters or just sit back and enjoy the view, it's a memory that'll stay etched in your mind.
4. Discover natural beauty at the picturesque Photo Point: Your visit to Munnar will not be complete without a stop at the picturesque Photo Point. Get a chance to blend against the backdrop of undulating green hills beneath a vast blue sky, the perfect scene for that stunning snapshot. You can immortalise the moment or simply soak up the tranquil atmosphere, breathing in the fresh mountain air. Photo Point isn't just a spot on your tour map, it is a destination where nature paints a picture, and you become a part of it.
5. Visit the vast Kolukkumalai Tea Estate; A visit to the Kolukkumalai Tea Estate is one of the best things that you can do upon availing the Munnar family packages. It is not just a trip but an exploration of heights, both literal and metaphorical. At the world's highest tea plantation, the altitude brings a unique taste to the tea grown here. As the misty trails lead you through verdant estates, you partake in the rich tradition of tea-making, tasting the robust flavours of freshly brewed tea amidst the breathtaking scenery.
6. Spot wildlife at Chinnar Wildlife Sanctuary: Embark on a thrilling adventure at the Chinnar Wildlife Sanctuary in Munnar with your family. During this adventure, you can spot diverse wildlife like Indian elephants, gaurs and the endangered Grizzled Giant Squirrel. As you traverse through its varied habitats, you are introduced to an array of flora that adds to the region's biodiversity. The wildlife sanctuary is a living, breathing testament to nature's grandeur and diversity.
7. Visit CSI Christ Church: Take some time out during your holiday, and experience the quiet charm of the colonial-era CSI Christ Church, which is among the best things to do in Munnar family tour packages. This architectural beauty boasts of antique wooden pews, intricate stained glass windows, and a quaint cemetery telling tales from the past. The tranquil ambience of the church, surrounded by well-manicured gardens and towering trees, offers a serene retreat, making you appreciate the simplicity and peace that this sacred space exudes.
8. Walk through Salim Ali Bird Sanctuary: As you explore Munnar with your family during a holiday, make sure to venture into the verdant paradise of Salim Ali Bird Sanctuary. Located in the foothills of the Western Ghats, the sanctuary is named after the famous ornithologist and is a birdwatcher's dream. From common species to rare avian guests, it is an exciting place where each visit promises new discoveries. The mix of sweet bird calls and the rustling of leaves creates an aural treat, making your excursion here a harmonious blend of sights and sounds.
9. Explore Kollengode Palace Munnar: One of the top activities and experiences to include in your Munnar packages for family is an exploration of the Kollengode Palace. This historic monument, filled with architectural beauty and royal grandeur, stands as a symbol of Kerala's rich cultural heritage. In each room, each artefact echoes tales of regal times. As you explore the palace, you're drawn into a time warp, immersed in the intricate craftsmanship and the stories that lie within its walls.