1. Pray at Gangaramaya Temple - The Gangaramaya Buddhist Temple is one of Colombo's most important religious sites. Take a spiritual walk in the temple premises and pray to the deities of the temple. It is indeed an impressive sight in the Colombo Tour Packages, combining aspects of Chinese, Indian, and Thai architecture. It is one of the most important landmarks of Colombo and is a sight to behold. It has attracted a swarm of people to its premises, both locals and tourists, for decades now.
Location - Gangaramaya Temple, 61 Sri Jinarathana Road, Colombo, Sri Lanka
Price - 300 LKR for foreigners
Timings: 05:30 AM to 10:00 PM
2. Golf at the Royal Colombo Golf Club - Golfing at the Royal Colombo Golf Club is one of the most popular pastime activities available in Colombo. It is a historical landmark in Sri Lanka as it is a sporting facility built by the British for golfers. The Royal Golf Colombo Golf Club, founded in 1880, is Sri Lanka's earliest golf club and a fun location to unwind on weekends and make new friends. The golf club's open, friendly ambience tempts you to a lavish luncheon or small gathering.
Location: Model Farm Road, Colombo
Price - $85 on weekdays and $105 on weekends
Timings: ClubHouse remains open from 6AM-11PM and the admin office from 8AM-5PM
3. Hike to Viharamahadevi Park - Visit the largest park of Colombo in your Colombo Tour Packages, the Viharamahadevi Park. It is a fantastic place for picnic spots, waterfalls, a public park, a zoo, nature trails for hikes, and much more. It is the perfect place for nature lovers as well families with kids and couples. The relaxing aura of this place attracts locals and tourists alike.
Location: Colombo 07, Sri Lanka
Price: 20 LKR for an adult and 10 LKR for children
Timings: 07:00 AM to 06:00 PM everyday
4. Play At Casinos of Colombo - Try your luck at one of the numerous high end casinos of Colombo in your Colombo Holiday Packages. Some of the famous casinos at Colombo are Bally’s Casino, MGM Colombo, The Ritz Club and Stardust Casino. These casinos also offer live performances by notable singers and artists all over Sri Lanka. It also offers mouth watering appetizers which will surely leave your taste buds wanting for more.
Timings: Most of the casinos remain open for 24x7 days.
5. Visit the National Museum - One of the most important cultural institutions in the nation of Sri Lanka is the National Museum. You'll be delighted to spot a smiling Buddha statue dating from the 9th century after entering the museum. Artifacts, statues and relics from the colonial period, as well as swords, palettes, and other mementos, are exhibited in the museum. After rambling around the museum's many galleries, you may rest and have a beverage in the museum cafeteria's calm and pleasant environment. It is an important tourist spot in your Colombo Tour Packages.
Location: Albert Crescent, Colombo
Price: RF 50 for adults and RF 15 for children
Timings: 9 AM- 5 PM
6. Get mesmerized by the Beira Lake - Beira lake has captured the hearts of tourists since its very existence. It is located close to the Gangaramaya Temple, hence you can take a quick peek of the temple as well when visiting Beira lake. It is a very well loved spot for bird watching activity as well photography, considering the natural setting of the place. It is also famous for rowing and other activities. You could easily set up a nearby picnic and have a great time.
Location: 02 Colombo, Near Seema Malaka, Colombo
7. Witness the Jami Ul Alfar Mosque - Your trip to Colombo cannot be complete without visiting the unique ‘candy’ design of the Jami Ul Alfar Mosque. Jami Ul-Afar is a magnificent mosque that is visited by both residents and visitors. The red and white patterned mosque makes it distinguished among every other landmark of Colombo. The mosque is among Colombo's numerous culturally significant sites because the building is a dreamlike fusion of Indian, Indo-Islamic, Neoclassical, and Gothic influences. It is an cultural gem and is a part of the Colombo Holiday Packages.
Location: No.228, Second Cross Street, 11, Colombo, Sri Lanka
Timings: 09:00 AM to 05:00 PM, from Saturday to Thursday
8. Unwind at the Seema Malakaya - If you are looking to get away from the hustle bustle of life, Seema Malakaya is the perfect place for you in your Colombo Packages. The fusion of Indian, Thai, Sri Lankan and Chinese architecture and the tropical vibe of this island temple attracts many Instagram influencers and photographers alike. The influenced architecture of the different cultures aims to bring about peace in the different religions.
Location: Sir James Pieris Mawatha, Colombo, Sri Lanka
Price - 300 LKR for foreigners
Timings: Open 24 hours, every day
9. Scuba Diving in the Sri Lankan waters - Scuba diving is one of the top things to do in the Colombo Holiday Packages if you've a taste for adventurous activities while on vacation. Large coral reefs, abundant greenery and diverse aquatic life make the city a popular diving destination for thrill seekers. The Chief Dragon, Pecheur Breton, and T. Sierra are the greatest diving places, with anthias, coral reefs, black coral trees, and marine life. However, scuba diving in Colombo is better left to experienced divers, as some structural issues may prevent beginners from having a completely fun time.
Locations - Chief Dragon, Pecheur Breton and T. Sierra
Timings: Diving season starts from November-Mid April.
10. Shop at the Paradise Road - Shopping is one of the most enjoyable and must do activities on any vacation, particularly if you are visiting Sri Lanka, which offers a plethora of items to entice you. Paradise Road on Dharmapala Mawatha is a shopping area with a variety of labeled things like gift items, crockery sets, home decor, crafts, clothing and accessories, and more. It is an essential halt for shopaholic travelers looking for souvenirs and other items during their Colombo vacation to take back home.
Location: 213, Dharmapala Mawatha, Colombo
Timings: 10AM- 7PM