1. The Lake District: This is one of the nicest locations to visit on your United Kingdom tour packages especially if you are an outdoor adventure enthusiast. The stunning beauty of the place with its delightful rolling hills, mesmerizing views, and crystal clear lakes, also puts it on the list of most scenic places in the country. If you are looking for some thrill you can also climb the Scafell Pike here, which is the highest mountain in England.
Location: Located in a national park in Cumbria in northwest England
2. Scottish Highlands: Opt for the best United Kingdom tour packages and head to one of the most popular places in the Scottish Highlands especially if you are looking for a scenic road trip. Experience the most scenic drives through this mesmerizing region or go hiking along picturesque mountain trails.
Soak in the abundance of fresh air, rich history, miles of spacious land, and pristine white sands. Explore some of the beautiful lochs across the highlands such as the famous Loch Ness where you can also go camping or picnicking.
Location: Located in the mountainous region of northwest Scotland
3. South Downs: Described as one of the UK’s Areas of Outstanding Beauty, the South Downs is one of the must visit places here. They are a range of chalk hills that stretch across almost 260 square miles of area. Pick the best United Kingdom tour packages and explore this land of surreal beauty with miles of green landscapes, rolling hills, and stunning views. There are several interesting outdoor activities that you can opt for such as hiking, foraging, kayaking, or simply setting off on long walks along scintillating natural vistas.
Location: Located across the south-eastern coastal counties of England
3. Peak District: Go for the best UK tours and head to the famous Peak District that is counted among the top weekend getaways in the country. Whether you are traveling with friends or family, this is a nice option and you can even spend the night by renting a cozy cottage available here.
Spend your day by taking long walks or rent a bicycle and go zipping through the quaint villages while capturing the most memorable photos of your life. Visit the country’s first national park that also houses 3 dark sky reserves where you can enjoy stargazing with your closest friends.
Location: Located at the southern end of the Pennines
4. The Orkney Islands: A wonderful place to visit especially if you are a nature and wildlife enthusiast, the Orkney Islands will give you ample opportunities to witness exotic creatures in their natural surroundings. Whether it is puffins, seals, or even whales, you can get a chance to see them all at this exquisite location.
There are also days when you can catch a glimpse of the stunning Northern Lights from here. Go exploring some of the most ancient and well preserved Neolithic sites in Europe when you are at this island.
Location: Located off the northeastern coast of Scotland
5. Corfe Castle: Established by the famous William the Conqueror, the Corfe Castle is steeped in rich history and is a sight to behold. Although it is completely in ruins today, you can see its exact replica as it was in its original splendor at the Corfe Castle Model Museum.
You can stroll through the impressive archways and take a peek through the arrow slits which once were sites of medieval arches. Witness the beautiful sights of the Purbeck countryside from your perch here or go on the National Trust walking trail for the most splendid views of the castle.
Location: Located in the English county of Dorset
Timing: 10 AM – 5 PM
Entry fee: £11-15