The impeccable things to do in China craft a great vacation experience letting you travel from modern China to the one that dates back to ages. While climbing to the top of the Oriental Pearl Tower, you will be able to capture brilliant views from the observation decks, strolling in the famed Yuyuan Garden, you will be able to rejuvenate your senses. You can get a bird’s eye view of the city from the tall Shanghai Tower, you can spend time close to nature at the majestic Gudong waterfalls. Visiting the age-old terracotta museum, you will be able to witness a full sized army ready for action, and exploring the forbidden city, you will get insights about the imperial society.
The fun filled activities to do in China like boating in the west lake, you will be able to enjoy some private moments with your loved ones in the midst of alluring natural beauty and exploring the Magau caves, you will get to uncover loads of hidden mystery. You can head out on hiking tours to the Floating Mountains to marvel at the sets of Avatar movies and experience the best of kite flying exploring more about the Ming and Qing dynasty emperors.
People Also Ask About China Things To Do
What are the best things to do in China?
1. Hop on to the top of the Oriental Pearl Tower: Oriental Pearl Tower is one of Shanghai's most popular tourist attractions. The tower has many observation decks at high altitudes inside its famous sphere structures, enabling tourists to reach and see aerial views of the Huangpu River, the Bund, and most areas of the city. Capturing the views from the tower is considered to be one of the most fascinating Things to Do in China. The tower also has a variety of interesting entertainment facilities for visitors, including a restaurant and a nightclub.
- Location: 1 Century Ave, Lu Jia Zui, Pudong, Shanghai, China
- Timing: 8:00 am to 9:30 pm
- Price: 120 CNY onwards
2. Stroll in the ancient Yuyuan Garden: Classic Chinese architecture, beautiful sculptures and carvings, and the bustling Yuyuan bazaar are among the garden's highlights. The number nine is thought to be auspicious in Chinese culture. Walking across the JiuQu Bridge is said to bring people good luck. For those looking for a glimpse into ancient China, as reflected in movies and books, this is the place to be and exploring the past relics can be considered as one of the most sought after Things to Do in China.
- Location: 279 Yuyuan Old St, Huangpu, Shanghai, China, 200000
- Price: CNY 30
3. Climb on Shanghai Tower to get a bird-eye view: The Shanghai Tower is a 632 meters tall skyscraper in Shanghai and it is the second tallest building in the world. This building holds the record of having the highest observation deck at a height of 562 meters and you can reach here through the second-fastest elevator in the world. The sightseeing deck is on the 118th floor that was opened for the public in April 2017 and you can climb up to the sightseeing deck and get a 360-degree birds-eye view of the city which is even more beautiful at night time.
- Location: 501 Yincheng Middle Rd, Lu Jia Zui, Lujiazui Residential District, Pudong, Shanghai, China
- Timing: 8:30 am to 9:30 pm
- Price: Adult Ticket: CNY 160 Door Price CNY 180. Free Admission: Child <1m.
4. Visit Gudong Waterfall: The Gudong waterfall is a famous tourist spot located in the Guilin city of China and is famous for its 13 cascading waterfalls. You can climb the waterfalls and enjoy the waterfall which is surrounded by a wide forest area.
You can also explore the maple forest nearby which becomes even more beautiful during autumn. Here you can enjoy close contact with nature and also learn about environmental protection. You can also explore the Daxu Ancient town and the Crown cave near the Gudong Waterfall indulging in some of the top rated things to do in China.
- Location: Lingchuan County, Guangxi, Guilin, Guangxi, China
5. Visit the Terracotta Warriors Museum: The Terracotta Warriors Museum is famous for the life-size sculpture of the terracotta army, including the warriors and their horses. This museum has been declared a UNESCO World Heritage Site and is considered the most important archaeological excavation of the 20th-century.
The sculptures of the army are made in a battle formation and were made under an ancient funerary project by Qin Shi Huang, Imperial China’s first emperor of the unified dynasty. Here you can also visit the mausoleum site park of Qin Shi Huang, also known as the Lishan Garden to indulge in some of the best things to Do in China.
- Location: Lintong District, Xi'an, Shaanxi, China, 710612
- Timing: 8:30 am to 5:00 pm
- Price: 150 CNY
6. Explore the Forbidden City: The Forbidden City is a complex of palaces that were constructed during the early Ming dynasty and is located in the centre of the Imperial city of Beijing. The forbidden city is surrounded by numerous temples and imperial gardens such as the Zhongshan Park, the Beihai Park, the Jingshan Park, and the Imperial Ancestral Temple.
You can take part in one of the most sought after Things to Do in China, like exploring the palace museum where you will find the collections from Ming and Qing dynasties, including ceramics, porcelain, seals, paintings, sculptures, steles, bronze wares, inscribed wares, enamel objects, etc.
- Location: 4 Jingshan Front St, Dongcheng, Beijing, China, 100886
- Timing: 8:30 am to 5:00 pm
- Price: Main Entrance:- Adults (19-59): 52 CNY, Seniors(60+): 46 CNY, Teenagers(7-18): 46 CNY, Children(0-6): Free & Hall of Clock:- Adults (19-59): 13 CNY, Seniors(60+): 13 CNY, Teenagers(7-18): 13 CNY, Children(0-6): Free
7. Boating at West Lake: The West Lake is a freshwater lake located in Hangzhou city of China and is divided into five parts by three wet tracks. You can find numerous gardens, pagodas, temples, and natural or artificial islands situated within the lake. You can enjoy boating at the West Lake while admiring the stunning landscape and the several attractions all around.
There are ten best scenic spots that you should not miss and they are collectively called the ‘Ten Scenes of West Lake’. You can also enjoy the beautiful sunset while boating in the peaceful water of the lake with amazing flora and fauna in the entire area enjoying one of the best Activities to Do in China.
- Location: Shangcheng District/Xiacheng District/Xihu District, Hangzhou, Zhejiang
8. Explore Mogao Caves: Also known as the Caves of Thousand Buddhas or the Thousand Buddha Grottoes, the Mogao Caves are a chain of 500 temples stretching up to 25 kilometres. The caves are situated on a cultural and religious crossroads on the Silk Road in China and are the most famous Chinese Buddhist grottoes. Here, you can find some of the finest samples of Buddhist art spanning around a period of about 1000 years.
This World Heritage Site is a museum where you can find some ancient murals on the cave walls, sculptures, paintings made on silk and paper, textiles, etc. Tourists consider cave tours one of the most loved activities to Do in China as it will let them uncover zillions of mysteries.
- Location: Dunhuang, Jiuquan, Gansu, China
- Timing: 8:30 am to 5:00 pm
- Price: Apr. - Nov.: CNY 258 for foreign visitors & Dec. - Mar.: CNY 160 for foreign visitors
What are the best adventure things to do in China?
1. Hiking at Jiankou: One of the most perfect adventures to do in China is taking the hiking trip and marvelling at the magnificent structure of the Great Wall of China. Here you can witness several incredible sightseeing options. The best time to visit this place is either from April to May or in the months of September to November.
2. Toboggan at Mutianyu: There might be several other options to get down a mountain or a hill but this particular way is amusing in every possible way. You can enjoy the amazing views of the scenic surroundings while you race your way from the wall towards the bottom of the hill.
3. Biking on Xian City Wall: Try renting a bicycle from any of the four gates of the city wall and catch the beautiful highlights of Xian such as the archery tower, drawbridges, moat, watchtowers etc.
4. Bamboo rafting at Li River: Opt for the traditional 1 to 2 hours of bamboo rafting adventure to experience the authenticity and tranquillity of the Li River.
Which are the best water sports to do in China?
1. Surfing: China is known for having great and safe surfing beaches that are used annually not only for recreational surfing but also for proper guided surfing lessons and for other surfing competitions. Surfing is most popular in the southernmost cities of China.
2. Windsurfing: Dailan and Hainan are the two popular cities in China that are known for their windsurfing activities. Hainan has also increased the demand for kite surfing in the northern part of the island’s east coast.
3. Longjin Rafting: Rafting here is one of the most fun and frolic times that you have experienced. The duration of the ride varies with your booking options but there are plenty of safe lockers around to keep your essentials while you put on your bathing suit. Rafting at Longjin is best during the morning hours.
4. Kayaking and Canoeing: China is blessed with many rivers that are perfect for water activities like kayaking and canoeing. There are no such restrictions regarding canoeing on the inland waterways in the country. You can choose to go canoeing in the calm and pristine waters of the Yulong River or you can simply prefer kayaking amidst the beautiful surroundings of the Li River.
Which are the best places to do Paragliding in China?
1. Latrobe Adventures: One of the best choices is Latrobe Adventures in Hong Kong where you can fight your fear and go for a safe and thrilling paragliding session. If the weather stays in your favour then this would be one of the most exhilarating experiences that you have experienced in a long time.
2. Linzhou Paragliding Club: You can enjoy a day trip to the Linzhou Paragliding club that helps you indulge in its outdoor activities, boating, various water activities along with its parasailing and paragliding services.
3. Real Blossoms Gallery: Real Blossoms Gallery takes pride in its 5 years of experience in helping the tourists and visitors have a memorable trip. Thinking about what to do in China, then the Real Blossom will let you indulge in a myriad of water sport activities and paragliding services along with proper facilities for dining, workshops, boat tours and other fun sports.
4. Paragliding Park: Thinking about what to do in China, then have an outstanding experience of paragliding in the clear blue skies with the most scenic surroundings in the Paragliding park. Here you can get your own guide to help you avail the best of this sport and even get the perfect angle to record your video while you glide through the clouds. The time duration can exceed 10 minutes but it actually depends on the strength of the wind.
What is the best time to visit China?
The best time to visit China is either during the spring season that is between April to May or during the autumn months of September to November. The climatic condition in this phase of the year remains moderate making tourism enjoyable.
What's China famous for?
China is famous for its amazing architecture, a large number of Buddhist and Taoist temples, Terracotta warriors, the Li River, the Yangtze River, The Great Wall of China, The avatar pillar, its unique food culture as well as for the thrilling adventures it has to offer.
How to reach China?
- By Flight: Places in China are well connected through various international airports. Its major airports are located at Hong Kong, Beijing, Shanghai, Xiamen, Guangzhou and Hangzhou.
- By Train: Train services are available at the Kazakhstan and the Russian Trans Siberian expressway. They are also available between Beijing and Moscow as well as from Hong Kong to Canton.
- By Road: Visitors can reach China from Pakistan via Karakoram Highway, from Nepal via Tibet and from Vietnam through Laos and Myanmar.
- By Waterways: Tourists can reach China from overseas through cruise liners and several ferry services.
Is China expensive to visit?
No, travelling in China is much more affordable and cheaper than in most western countries. The per day expenditure is around ¥465 ($71) out of which you will be spending around ¥129 ($20) on meals for one day and ¥105 ($16) on local transportation.
Why are tourists attracted to China?
China not only has the longest man-made structure in the world but also takes pride in its terrific history, Buddhist monuments, exquisite views of nature, military structures, rich culture and various other places that are worth visiting once in a lifetime.
What is unique in China?
China is the world’s most populated country that has managed to preserve one of the longest running civilisations in the whole world. The temples, terracotta warriors, the Chinese language, the Forbidden City, Mount Everest, and Yangtze River are some of the things that add to China’s uniqueness.