Visit to Rijksmuseum
If you're looking for one of the best indoor activities in Amsterdam to satiate your inner history geek, you can visit Rijksmuseum.
It is a magnificent Renaissance and Gothic building that recites untold stories about the events that have shaped Netherlands' identity.
This ancient structure is home to a huge collection of Dutch masterworks and art pieces from the Golden Age. You can also see here collections of eminent Dutch artists like Rembrandt, Van Gogh, Frans Has, and Vermeer.
The Great Hall is the most beautiful gallery in the museum, with massive stained glass windows and large wall paintings.
Location: Museumstraat 1 1071 XX Amsterdam
Timing: 9 am to 5 pm
Book Now: Rijksmuseum Tickets
Tour to Anne Frank House
- Learn about the life and legacy of Jewish diarist and Holocaust victim Anne Frank by touring the Anne Frank House.
- This seventeenth-Century canal house is the site where Anne Frank and her family hid from the Nazis for two years.
- It has now been converted into an educational center and museum and features a permanent exhibition on the life of Anne Frank.
- You can see here rare artifacts, photographs, unique documents, and Anne Frank's original diary.
- Location: Westermarkt 20, 1016 GV Amsterdam, Netherlands
- Price: €14
- Timing: 9 am to 10 pm
Book Now: Anne Frank House Tickets
Check out Van Gogh Museum
One of the best indoor things to do in Amsterdam is discovering the life and work of Vincent van Gogh by checking out Van Gogh Museum.
It houses the largest collection of the painter Van Gogh including 'The Bedroom' and 'The Yellow House.'
Some of the most exceptional pieces on display include Almond Blossoms, The Potato Eaters, and the Van Gogh Sunflowers.
The museum also houses works by eminent artists inspired by Van Gogh, including Auguste Rodin, Georges Seurat, Claude Monet, Odilon Redon, and Henri de Toulouse-Lautrec.
Location: Museumplein 6 1071 DJ Amsterdam
Price: € 19
Timing: 9 am to 6 pm
Book Now: Van Gogh Museum Tickets
Go for Heineken Experience
End your search for one of the best indoor things to do in Amsterdam by undertaking the Heineken Experience.
Heineken Experience gives you a tour of the Heineken® brewery, which is one of the three largest producers of beer in the world.
During this interactive tour, you'll get to know about Heinekens' rich and successful history and brewing process and explore the historic brewing rooms.
You can also enjoy a refreshing beer-tasting session and get hands-on modern interactive games from the brand's sponsors, like UEFA Champions League, Formula 1, and the Rugby World Cup.
Location: Stadhouderskade 78 1072 AE Amsterdam
Price: € 21
Timing: 10:30 am to 7:30 pm (Monday to Thursday) & Weekends (10:30 am to 9 pm)
Day Tour to Keukenhof and Zaanse Schans
- Experience the perfect blend of culture, tradition, and history by undertaking a day tour of Keukenhof and Zaanse Schans.
- Wander through the beautiful countryside of the Zaanse Schans Windmills and discover the world's most beautiful spring garden at Keukenhof.
- Stroll through the Japanese country garden, the English landscape garden, and the historical garden and click pictures of the spectacular display of flowers.
- You'll also attend a hands-on cheese workshop and taste classic Dutch cheeses during the tour.
- Location: Meeting point- Overhoeksplein 51, 1031 KS Amsterdam, Netherlands
- Price: € 254.82
- Timing: 9 hours
Book Now: Keukenhof Garden Tickets with Bus Transfer
Explore Amsterdam Royal Palace
- Your list of the best indoor activities in Amsterdam won't be complete if you don't explore Amsterdam Royal Palace.
- It is a magnificent architectural building with seventeen rooms, halls, and galleries where you can see hand-painted ceilings, epic artworks, and sculptures from bygone eras.
- The Palace is also used by the Royal Dutch Family for organizing royal events such as the New Year reception party, receiving representatives from foreign countries, and other special gatherings.
- Location: Nieuwezijds Voorburgwal 147, 1012 RJ Amsterdam, The Netherlands
- Price: € 10
- Timing: 10 am to 5 pm
Book Now: Amsterdam Royal Palace
Roller Dreams Roller Skating Rink
- If you're yearning for the coolest winter experience, lace up your skates and hit the layers of ice at Roller Dreams Roller Skating Rink.
- Skating at this indoor skating rink is considered one of the best indoor activities in Amsterdam.
- Roller Dreams Roller Skating Rink is a roller skating paradise with dreamy aesthetics and a fantasy-filled disco environment.
- Have a snowball fight, grab a drink, shake your hips on the glitzy dance floor and slide down a snow slope.
- Location: Meeuwenlaan 88-B, 1021 JK Amsterdam, Países Baixos
- Price: € 20.35
- Timing: 2 am to 8 pm
Go for Movies in Special Theaters
Get ready for hours of cinematic bliss by visiting the special theaters in Amsterdam that screen blockbuster movies and interesting documentaries.
Whether you're into black-and-white, mainstream titles, arthouse, B-movie bonanzas, or the dine-in theater, the city will cater to all your requirements.
Enjoy cult favorites and documentaries at Het Ketelhuis and catch a new box-office screening at Tuschinski.
Location: Tuschinski: Reguliersbreestraat 26 /34, 1017 CN Amsterdam The Netherlands
Het Ketelhuis: Pazzanistraat 4, 1014 DB Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Explore Escape Room
Grab your thrill-seeking mates and sign up for the best live escape room experience in Amsterdam.
Amsterdam has tons of escape rooms like Escape Factory, Questomatica, Logic Locks, Sherlocked, and Mystery City Games, where you can test your wit and intelligence.
Solve the mysteries about Elizabeth van Leeuwenhart at Logic Locks and save the earth within an hour at Questomatica.
Learn more about Amsterdam while solving puzzles at Mystery City Games and complete interesting tasks by working together as a team at Escape Factory.
Visit to NEMO Science Centre
Visiting NEMO Science Centre is one of the best indoor activities in Amsterdam for those intrigued by the concepts of science and technology.
The Science Centre houses 19,500 artifacts that tell the story of humankind's relationship with energy.
Try interesting experiments, learn about natural phenomena, and participate as test subjects in scientific research.
You can also attend workshops and get to test, create and improve simple technical products.
Price: € 17.50
Location: Oosterdok 2, 1011 VX Amsterdam, Netherlands
Timing: 10 am to 5:30 pm