Day 1: Shimla to Sangla
- Reach Shimla from Delhi.
- The journey starts from the hills of Shimla through the striking towns of Kufri and Narkanda.
- Descend to the Sutlej Valley towards Rampur, located on the southern side of the valley on the Indo-Tibet Highway.
- Enter the district of Kinnaur and cross various hydroelectric projects on the way, the largest one being at Karcham built at the confluence of Baspa and Sutlej rivers.
- Reach Sangla for overnight stay.
Day 2: Sangla to Kalpa via Chitkul
- Leave Sangla to reach Chitkul, the last village in the region before Tibet. Drive through beautiful pine forests and along the banks of the Baspa river.
- See the ancient Mata Mandir here.
- Take the road back towards Karcham and proceed towards Reckong Peo to Kalpa.
- See the majestic Kinner Kailash ranges at Kalpa and the 70 ft. rock that looks like a Shivalinga.
- Your overnight stay will be at Kalpa.
Day 3: Kalpa to Tabo via Nako and Gue
- Leave Kalpa to take the Indo-Tibet Highway and continue alongside the banks of Sutlej River.
- Reach Khab, which is the confluence of Spiti and Sutlej rivers. From here, you will continue your ascent towards Spiti.
- Reach Nako Village and enjoy the pristine beauty of Nako Lake.
- Reach Tabo after crossing several charming villages like Chango, Shalkar, Sumdo, and Hurling.
- See the 10th-century Chos Kor Gompa at Tabo adorned in traditional thangka paintings. Interact with the monks here.
- Take relaxing walks in the vast fields and explore the hidden caves.
- Stay overnight at Tabo.
Day 4: Tabo to Lhalung via Dhankar
- Reach Sichling Village from Tabo.
- Proceed towards the 800-year-old Dhankar Monastery, situated on the edge of a cliff. Spend time at this world heritage site.
- Trek for an hour up till the beautiful Dhankar Lake. Spend time here enjoying the scenery and clicking pictures.
- Proceed towards the Lhalung Village that is surrounded by snow-capped high mountain peaks and emerald-green meadows.
- See the thousand-year-old Golden Temple or the Serkhong Gompa.
- Stay overnight at Lhalung.
Day 5: Lhalung to Kaza via Mudh
- You will enjoy a scenic drive towards Pin Valley and a tributary of Spiti River that was one of the ancient routes in the region. This is also where the popular Bhaba Pass trek takes place.
- Drive up till the quaint Mudh Village. Enjoy a delicious lunch of homemade pizzas.
- Take the road back towards Spiti and continue towards Kaza, the headquarters of Spiti.
- Enjoy taking a stroll in the local market, trying local food, and walking amidst the beautiful meadows of Kaza.
- Stay overnight at Kaza.
Day 6: Kaza to Hikkim, and Komic to Langza
- Leave Kaza to proceed towards Komic, world’s highest village with a motorable road,
- See the famous Tangyud Gompa here.
- Proceed towards Hikkim, and see the world’s highest post office.
- Reach your next stop i.e. Langza, that will mesmerise you with its snow-capped peaks and untouched beauty.
- See Mt. Chau Chau Khang Nilda and the large Buddha statue overlooking the mountains.
- Stay overnight at Langza.
Day 7: Langza to Chandratal
- See the famous Kee Monastery, edging alongside a sharp cliff. Enjoy talking to the monks and taste the local butter tea.
- Drive to Kibber Village to the Kibber Chicham bridge. This bridge, built over a gorge at a height of 4300 metres, is an architectural marvel.
- Reach Chandratal Lake, also known as the Moon Lake. This breathtakingly pristine lake is famous for its multicolored waters and the surrounding barren ranges of Chandrabhaga ranges.
- Enjoy a parikrama of the lake, which is a trek of around 4 kilometres.
- Rest and spend the night at the campsite.
Day 8: Chandratal to Manali
- Those who want to enjoy the beauty of Chandratal Lake once more can visit the lake early in the morning before leaving.