Top 10 One Day Picnic Spot Near Mumbai1. Pawna Lake (117 km from Mumbai)
2. Lonavala (83 Km from Mumbai)
3. Kolad (127 Km from Mumbai)
4. Kamshet (101 Km from Mumbai)
5. Essel World (40 Km from Mumbai)
6. Alibaug (100 Km from Mumbai)
7. Igatpuri (120 Km from Mumbai)
8. Malshej (127 Km from Mumbai)
9. Mahabaleshwar (264 Km from Mumbai)
10. Lavasa (188 Km from Mumbai)
Mumbaikars are always looking for reasons to escape the bustle of the city and with such spectacular natural beauty surrounding the metropolis, we do not blame them either! There are dozens of places in and around Mumbai where you can escape to enjoy a picnic with friends or family. From magnificent sunset points to cascading waterfalls, jungle safaris to sandy beaches, each option is more enticing than the other.
When looking for escapes inside the city, you can always visit the city’s suburbs to learn more about local history and mythology. Mahakali Caves, dating back to the 1st century or the Elephanta Caves in Raigad are excellent options. If you like forts and old heritage buildings, then you can spend your day trekking to the Rajmachi Fort in Khandala or the Sarasgad Fort in Durshet. A picnic spread with gushing waterfalls is another great option for the city dwellers, especially with waterfalls like Pandavkada and Bhagirath being a short drive away.