Book Tour and Activities on the Go!
On-time we start the trek. The tour guide provided to us was very professional who helps us in detail about the trek. The walk when so well and we had ...
This package was very fulfilling, The trek goes right as we expected everything because of the amazing guide who was always there and guide us in a pro...
Departure from Pune at 6.00am and arrival in thakurwadi via Pali at 10.30am, breakfast stop on the way
Start trekking to Sarasgad top by 11am, Trek to Sarasgad top.
Have packed lunch, explore fort
Again back to Pali by 4 p.m
Visit Ganesh Temple
Start return journey by 5.30 p.m
Back to Pune by 9 p.m
Write Your Story
Rated : 5.0
On-time we start the trek. The tour guide provided to us was very professional who helps us in detail about the trek. The walk when so well and we had a lot and lots of fun on the way reached the top we had our packed lunch with the mesmerizing views, we visit the Ganesh temple it was nice and we get to know about the history of the place through the informative guide along the way we get to see and explore many things. I and my friends love this tour and would definitely take the next tour again.
Rated : 5.0
This package was very fulfilling, The trek goes right as we expected everything because of the amazing guide who was always there and guide us in a proper way. we felt safe and we enjoyed this trek so much. Interesting history of the place the top is worth it. Nice arrangement and good foods. Great experience at a cheaper price.
Rated : 5.0
Amazing Trek to Sarasgad Fort, The walk went smoothly and safely, Good guidance from the guide. What an amazing experience.
Rated : 4.0
Everything was spot-on... the trek was not challenging at all, it's very suitable for kids, adults, and elderly as well. Overall was on time our guide was very approachable and accommodating informed us in detail about the do and don't and sometimes very funny crack jokes and make the walk comfortable for everyone. The scenery was nice and the attractions were marvelous. It was a sweet and smooth tour and we took many pictures with all the co-traveler and staff.
Rated : 4.0
We had a beautiful and fun day on this tour. The tour was perfectly arranged and we are receiving exactly mentioned on the itinerary. The guide was very nice and knowledgable leads us with perfections the whole tour was "AWESOME".
Things need to carry for Sarasgad Fort Trek are:
- Spare set of clothes & socks
- Camera to capture beautiful scenic beauty during trekking
- Personal medicines
- Electoral/ Glucon-d to boost energy
- A sweater/warm wear/rainwear (as per the weather on the trek day)
- Backpack to carry your belongings (please avoid sling bags)
- Water bottle of Minimum 2 litres
- Cap, Sun Glasses and trekking shoes advisable. (Please avoid sneakers, canvas shoes having flat soles as there are high chances of slipping)
- Carry Plastic bags
Sarasgad trek difficulty to fort Sarasgad is of moderate difficulty with the steep trail on most parts and does not require much effort or trekking experience. Although good stamina and physical strength are required by travellers to reach to the top of the Fort along with slippery patches en route.
In monsoon time, you need to watch out for boulders and find a small water stream flowing alongside the steps, but be conscious of your step as it can get slippery.
Transport to and from Pune is included and provided in a private vehicle in the package. From the base village, trekking will start, and the trail will eventually lead you to the peak with about 90 steps carved on stones to be climbed to the entrance to the Fort.
Sarasgad Fort Trek cost is INR 1500 per adult. Sarasgad is a small fort located to the east of Pali in Raigad District. Also called Pagadicha killa because its shape resembles Puneri Pagadi.
You can visit the Shiva temple on the top providing an excellent panoramic view of all the mountain ranges surrounding this area.
Yes, Sarasgad Trek is safe and trouble free. An experienced guide will be close by your side all the time to guarantee maximum security. Adhere to the directions given by the tour leader. The trekking course is sheltered, guided and efficient with most extreme security for the visitors. Nonetheless, in spite of the safety measures that are set up, it is best to remain careful and keep track of one's surroundings and belongings.
Yes, a beginner can go trekking to Sarasgad Fort without any difficulty.The trek route is not that difficult and ideal for amateurs and is capable to satisfy the cravings of the adventure lovers with a scope to test physical fitness, stamina, and will-power.
Meals which you get during Sarasgad Trek are:
- Tea and Breakfast
- Packed Lunch
- Evening Tea and Snacks
This Hillfort is located at 1600 ft above sea level. This hill fort commands a steering view of the entire region of Pai. It takes nearly 2.5 hours to ascend Sarasgad fort from the base village trail to the fort and the picturesque view from the fort is worth a visit especially during the monsoon. Don’t forget to get a glance of the view from here, as Sarasgad fort will be visible.
Sarasgad Fort height is twice the height of Sudhagad Fort. The height of Sarasgad Fort is 1608 feet.
Departure location is from Fergusson college in Pune at 6.00 am. Then arrive in Thakurwadi via Pali at 10.30 am. You can start trekking through the huge rock steps at 11:00 am from the base village to the top of the forts.
Yes, you get an experienced guide for Sarasgad Trek. After reaching the starting point at base village, listen to your guide carefully as he explains all the safety instructions and starts your trek at around 11 AM. Trek leader’s decision will be final and binding.
Sarasgad fort is situated near village Pali in the Raigad district of Maharashtra. Pali lies about 10 kilometres East of Nagothane along the Nagothane-Khopoli road.
- By Bus: Sarasgad can be easily reached from Mumbai by ST (State Transport) buses or local transports are available to the base village of the fort (Pali)
- By Rail: You can take a train from Diva railway station to Nagothane. It will take approx. 2.5 hours to reach Nagothane. Once you reach Nagothane, you can take a cab/taxi to reach the meeting point. The distance between the fort and the railway station is 60 km.
- By Road: The distance between Mumbai and Sarasgad is 63 km, and the road distance is 104.9 km. Roads are in good condition. It is the best convenient way to reach Mumbai to Sarasgad by Road. Route of Mumbai to Sarasgad fort is Mumbai - Khopoli - Pali - Sarasgad fort. Being a hill fort, you cannot access it by cab/taxi. Although you can easily reach the base of the fort by car using google maps and then from there, you need to go by trekking to reach Fort.
Things I need to keep in mind during Sarasgad Trek are:
- Trek leader’s decision will be final and binding.
- Stay hydrated and carry enough water and glucose with you to maintain energy levels to climb that mountain.
- Wear sports shoes with proper grip and sports socks that cover your shin and tuck your track pants inside your shoes so that leeches don’t get inside them.
- Don't forget sunglasses to protect your eyes from sun rays.
- Pick up a stick on the way to help you in trekking.
- Wear proper attire that fully covers your body while trekking. Do not wear sleeveless, low neck, figure-hugging shirts/tops, short pants, and hot pants.
- Please do not carry handbags or jolas or sling bags.
- We recommend you to please take care while walking / climbing / trekking. Do not wear any valuables, ornaments, jewellery etc.
- Do not litter on the way in all of these beautiful spots. Make a small carry bag for all disposables. Do not drop even one small speck of plastic there.
The trekking trail starts from the village base and will lead you to the top of the peak along a panoramic view of the mountain ranges surrounding the region. After entering the fort, you would see caves used by the soldiers and water tanks inside the forts.
25000+ Pictures and Reviews on the platform.
Best Price Guarantee
We have a best price guarantee. If you get the same product anywhere else at a cheaper price and you inform us about the same on the same day of your booking, we will refund the difference of cost to you.
10000+ Tours and Activities
We have activities across 17 countries, across every category so that you never miss best things to do anywhere.
We are always able to support you so that you have a hassle free experience.