Book Tour and Activities on the Go!
About the Activity:
- Penang Hop-On-Hop-Off Sightseeing and Sunset Tours is a group city tour scheduled for around 3 hours and 30 minutes.
- You can either opt for a city sightseeing tour wherein you will be witnessing all the hustles and bustles of Penang’s lifestyle.
- City sightseeing tour gives you a chance to explore the gorgeous Penang city life in daylights wherein people are busy with their routine.
- Alternatively, you can also choose the Penang Hop-On-Hop-Off’s sunset tour to experience the laid-back city of Penang from a high vantage point.
- Colonial settlements, cultural heritage sites, lush nature parks, white sand beaches, and finally a coastal town’s panoramic view.
- You will be enjoying your Penang Sightseeing and Sunset Tours on an open-deck double-decker bus.
- Harriston Signature Chocolate Outlet (Jalan Kelawei) will be your pick-up and drop destination.
- Sightseeing tour stop points include Batik Factory, Fort Cornwallis, Wonderfood Museum, Pinang Peranakan Museum, Little India, Street of Harmony, Armenian Street Art, Chew Jetty- Waterfront Village, and finally Reclining Buddha & Burmese Temple.
- Sunset tour stop points include Rainbow Skywalk (The Top Komtar), Observatory Deck (The Top Komtar), Red Garden Hawker Centre, and finally Trishaw Heritage Night Ride.
About Penang Hop-On-Hop-Off Tour:
Attracting a lot of tourists around the year, the city of Penang is blessed with some jaw-dropping natural and man-made attractions. A double-decker bus tour across this gorgeous city introduces you with the traditional and modern cultural heritage of Penang. Although Penang witnesses a hustling routine, people here make sure to spare some quality time to roam around the city’s 20 most popular tourist destinations. Right from cultural heritage sites, to lush nature parks Penang accounts for all. The moment you feel stressed out, you can head towards Penang’s white sand beaches to indulge in the beauty of sunset views.
The coastal town of Penang shines in all engaging colors throughout the daylight to leave you stunned with its hypnotizing aura. Colonial establishments present here, have been preserved in their original form and takes you back to the historical era of colonial settlements in Penang. As your Penang Hop-On-Hop-Off tour is scheduled on a double-decker bus with an open deck, you can simply stand and capture some beautiful panoramic views of this famous tourist destination of your Malaysian holidays.
- 10:00am/2:00pm pick up from Harriston Signature Chocolate Outlet at Jalan Kelawei
- 10:15am/2:15pm Batik Factory
- 10:45am/2:45pm Fort Cornwallis (admission not included)
- 10:50am/2:50pm Wonderfood Museum
- 11:20am/3:20pm Pinang Peranakan Museum
- 11:50am/3:50pm Little India
- 12.00pm/4:00pm Street of Harmony
- 12.10pm/4:10pm Armenian Street Art
- 12.35pm/4:35pm Chew Jetty - Waterfront Village
- 1.00pm/5:00pm Reclining Buddha & Burmese temple
- 1:30pm/5:30pm drop off at Harriston Signature Chocolate Outlet at Jalan Kelawei
- 6:30pm pick up from Harriston Signature Chocolate Outlet at Jalan Kelawei
- 7.00pm Rainbow skywalk (The Top Komtar)
- 7.30pm Observatory deck (The Top Komtar)
- 8.00pm Red Garden Hawker Center
- 8.30pm Trishaw heritage night ride (passes through Street of Harmony, Penang City Hall, Penang Town Hall, Esplanade Park, Victoria Memorial Clock Tower, Little India)
- 10:00pm drop off at Harriston Signature Chocolate Outlet at Jalan Kelawi
NOTE: All scheduled timings are subject to traffic and weather conditions of the day.
Tour Location: Penang
Pick Up Information:
- Free pick up is available from a number of bus stops to the Harriston Signature Chocolate Outlet where the tour will begin
- Do take note of the pick-up time from your designated bus stop
- Please arrive at the pick-up point 10 minutes before the scheduled pick up time
- Location: Harriston Signature Chocolate Outlet
- Address: 68, Jalan Kelawai, George Town, 10350 George Town, Pulau Pinang
Write Your Story
Rated : 5.0
Really a great experience to use the hop on hop off bus in penang! We get to discover many places and it is also cheaper compared to using the normal bus.
There are several interesting attractions worth watching and visiting at the Penang Hop-On Hop-Off sightseeing tour. Penang offers its two distinct sides on offer to the visitors who are keen to witness the many fascinating things about the city. Enjoy the cool breeze of Penang with an open-deck watch which allows an unhindered view of the landmarks of Penang.
The Hop-On Hop-Off double-decker bus takes you through the hustle and bustle of the city’s daily life to an idyllic and laid back area of the city. The sunset tour offers a higher vantage point for you to see the city in a different light with the colonial settlements dotted with heritage buildings and historical monuments.
While doing the Penang sightseeing during day time, it is advised to carry hats, caps, dark glasses, sufficient water, and dress moderately to keep the heat away.
The sunset tour doesn’t require any specific dress code, loose fitted clothing to make oneself comfortable for a tour and well fitted comfortable shoes should be enough to participate in the tour. There is a huge demand during the peak holiday season book in prior to avail seamless travel.
The Penang Hop-On Hop-Off Sightseeing and Sunset Tours starts sharp at 10.00am and once again at 2.00pm at the Harriston Signature Chocolate Outlet at Jalan Kelawei.
The city of Penang is dotted with historical monuments, colonial buildings, and historically relevant landmark structures. The Trishaw heritage night ride passes through Street of Harmony, Penang City Hall, Penang Town Hall, Esplanade Park, Victoria Memorial Clock Tower, and Little India.
Apart from these the Cornwallis Fort and the Reclining Buddha and the Burmese temple are also visited in this particular package.
The sightseeing tour package includes the following:
- 3.5 hours of sightseeing all around the city of Penang.
- Audio commentary in English
- Insurance provided by the operator.
- Admission ticket to Wonderfood Museum, Pinang Peranakan Mansion
The Sunset tour package of Penang city includes the following:
- 3.5 hours sunset tour around Penang city
- Admission ticket to The Top Komtar Observatory Deck and Rainbow Skywalk
- Trishaw Ride - Insurance provided by the operator
- Audio commentary in English
- You can present a printed or a mobile voucher for this activity at the starting point
- For Malaysian passport holders, please present your myKad upon redemption
- For non-Malaysian passport holders and children, please present proof of identity upon redemption
- For student tickets, please present a valid student ID upon redemption
The meet-up location for the tour is as follows:
- Harriston Signature Chocolate Outlet.
- 68, Jalan Kelawai, George Town, 10350 George Town, Pulau Pinang.
From Georgetown, the Harriston Signature Chocolate Outlet is an about 5-minute drive away, whereas, from Batu Ferringhi, the Harriston Signature Chocolate Outlet is about 20-minute drive away. It is recommended to take a taxi to the nearby pick-up point.
The tours are operational 7 days a week however there could be events or days when the tours are not operational due to unavoidable climatic conditions. The Sightseeing tour starts from 10.00am to 5.30pm every day The sunset tour starts from 5.30pm to 10.00pm every day.
There will be an English speaking local guide who will assist you most of the times during the Penang Hop On Hop Off tour.
Food is allowed while you travel in the Hop-On Hop-Off bus scouting the city and visiting interesting places.
The Hop-On Hop-Off double-decker bus has air conditioning in the lower floor, whereas the upper deck is open for you to explore the city, feel the cool breeze during the evening and watch the magnificent structures without any hindrance.
Children falling in the age group of 4 to 12 years are bound to hold a paid ticket for the tour. However, the tour is free of cost for children falling in the age group of 0 to 3 years.
25000+ Pictures and Reviews on the platform.
Best Price Guarantee
We have a best price guarantee. If you get the same product anywhere else at a cheaper price and you inform us about the same on the same day of your booking, we will refund the difference of cost to you.
10000+ Tours and Activities
We have activities across 17 countries, across every category so that you never miss best things to do anywhere.
We are always able to support you so that you have a hassle free experience.