Book Tour and Activities on the Go!
I was looking for a homestay in Shimla to spend a quite and peaceful weekend, after compairing many websites I found Thrillophilia offering something I...
This Homestay is amazing. It is one of the best places to get a perfect vibe of nature. I had so much fun with my friends we enjoyed the bonfire and sc...
About the space and location:
Check-in Time: 12:00 PM
Check-out Time: 11:00 AM
Surrounded by the beautiful Cedar Forest Sanctuary at an altitude of 8200 ft, with a mesmerizing view of the Himalayas, this stay lies in the tiny yet cosy village ‘Chharabra’. An offbeat location, the hillside offers a pleasant mix blended with a rural, rustic charm with an enchanting view of the ‘North-Western Himalayas’ that is visible from every room at the stay making it all the more special.
Head out to explore the various hiking and trekking trails around or take a walk in the peaceful and serene forest to reconnect with nature. Not in a mood for anything? Settle down in a comfortable chair on the deck and soak in the most amazing views right across the stay. The way the Himalayas change their colour as the sun sets is a sight to behold.
About the rooms:
Pull back the curtains covering the large glass windows to bring in the mesmerizing views indoors. The stay offers different types of rooms for you to choose from.
- Private Cottage: Comes with 3 double beds that can accommodate up to 6 guests.
- Couple Suite: Comes with 2 double beds that can accommodate up to 4 guests.
- Family Suite: Comes with 1 double bed and 1 single bed that can accommodate up to 3 guests.
- Deluxe Room: Comes with 1 double bed that can accommodate up to 2 guests.
All rooms are tastefully created with polished wooden interiors made using cedarwood. They also have an attached washroom, and amenities like colour televisions, lampshades, laptop-friendly furniture, etc.
While breakfast is a part of the package, you can order lunch and dinner on an a-la-carte basis at an additional cost. All meals are prepared using locally sourced ingredients. Do not miss requesting the chef to make a few "pahadi" delicacies for you that are simply delicious.
- Wake up early and make use of the fresh mountain air to practise meditation and yoga
- Go for a guided walk in the cedar forest where you can even participate in meditation amidst the forest
- Explore the beautiful terrain with a cycling tour. Bikes are available on rent at the homestay.
- Head out to visit the Reserve Forest Sanctuary that is covered with oak, pine, and cedar trees and is situated on one of Asia’s largest watersheds surrounded by the Indus
- Explore the various hiking and trekking trails around the stay
- As the sun sets, enjoy the bonfire with barbeque snacks under a starry sky
- Head out to visit Kufri that is also famous for its skiing, horse rides up to the Mahasu temple, yak rides, and more
- Visit Chail, known for its highest cricket pitch in the world
- Check out India’s oldest nine-hole golf course, originally called Naldeo, around 12 KM from the stay
- Visit the Presidental Retreat Charabra, spread across 10,628 sq.ft. this building was built entirely out of wood with a unique dhajji wall construction
- You can also spend a day at Narkanda and soak in the panoramic views of the inner Himalayas
About access to common areas:
Guests have access to the entire property as well as the outdoors
About safety and hygiene:
- The retreat has increased the frequency of cleaning public areas (including the lobby, doorknobs, common washrooms, etc.)
- Hand gloves being used when carrying out cleaning work and when handling waste
- The rooms and the entire stay is deep cleaned before every check-in and post every check-out
- There are antibacterial hand sanitizers available throughout the property
- Social distancing is maintained
- Daily temperature monitoring of the staff
The homestay is around 33 KM from the Shimla Airport and around 12 KM from the Shimla Railway Station. One can easily reach stay by taking any private taxi/ cab or any public transportation.
Write Your Story
Rated : 5.0
I was looking for a homestay in Shimla to spend a quite and peaceful weekend, after compairing many websites I found Thrillophilia offering something I want and that too in very cheap price & I must say it was an awesome experience in the end. The services were upto the mark, I had an extremly relaxing weekend in Shimla. Thank You Thrillophilia.
Rated : 5.0
This Homestay is amazing. It is one of the best places to get a perfect vibe of nature. I had so much fun with my friends we enjoyed the bonfire and scenic view. Food was really nice and delicious. All thanks to thrillophilia.
Rated : 5.0
Safe, clean, neat, beautiful location & a very peaceful place. Great value for money. We were two families with a our little children. We had a comfortable stay here and the owners were polite and humble.
Rated : 5.0
Our stay was excellent and very comfortable. We had the most delicious homemade breakfast and dinner was absolutely delicious as well but it’s not included in the stay cost, and great value for money. The location of the property is very peaceful and tranquil, with stunning views of the nature.
Rated : 4.0
I had booked this homestay from Thrillophilia, after so much exploring, Thrillophilia was offering the best price with number of facilties, also the breakfast served was very hygenic and tasty. Overall it was an amazing 2 day stay.
25000+ Pictures and Reviews on the platform.
Best Price Guarantee
We have a best price guarantee. If you get the same product anywhere else at a cheaper price and you inform us about the same on the same day of your booking, we will refund the difference of cost to you.
10000+ Tours and Activities
We have activities across 17 countries, across every category so that you never miss best things to do anywhere.
We are always able to support you so that you have a hassle free experience.