1. Akkarakalam Memoirs: Akkarakalam Memoirs is a magnificent farmhouse and a very comfortable Homestay in Kerala. Located on a 10-acre stretch of land, this exotic retreat is set amidst a variety of flora and fauna- a perfect nook of serenity and comfort away from the humdrum of city life. The rooms are spacious and tastefully decorated with simple yet elegant furniture. The farmhouse features other amenities like free Wi-Fi, free parking, air-conditioning, room service, bathroom fitted with showers, power backup, security and a caretaker.
Location: Akkarakalam, Chennamkary Post Office, Alappuzha, 688501
Price: INR 11,281 per night
2. Anugraha: Situated along the tranquil backwaters of River Meenachil at Kumarakom, Anugraha is an exceptional Homestay in Kerala, where you can spend a memorable vacation with your family and friends. It is a private villa with contemporary and aesthetic décor. You can soak in natures’ serenity and enjoy some of the best Syrian- Christian delicacies along with continental dishes that are served on site. All the rooms are spacious and equipped with amenities such as free Wi-Fi, flat screen T.V., air- conditioning, free parking, laundry, kitchen, a pool, lake access and landscaped garden with patio.
Location: Anugraha Puthenpurayil Prapuzha Kadavu Pulikkuttissery, Aymanam, Kerala 686015
Price: INR 18,000
3. Motty’s Homestay: Situated at Alleppey, Motty’s Homestay in Kerala is one of the most beautiful heritage resorts where you can relax, rejuvenate and enjoy a quality time with your loved ones. This homestay will remind you of the aristocratic charm of colonial times, with its ambience and architecture. The rooms feature comfortable beds with clean, aesthetic furnishing. The antique wooden furniture and beamed ceilings add to the charm of the retreat. The property is known for its warm and friendly hospitality and authentic local cuisine that you can enjoy as you soak in the serenity of the backwaters and lush greenery surrounding you.
Location: Kidangamparambu Temple Street, Thathampally, Alappuzha, Kerala 688013
Price: INR 7,000
4. Ente Veedu Homestays: Ente Veedu is the perfect Kerala Homestay for nature lovers. In Malayalam, the meaning of “Ente Veedu'' is ‘my home’ and this 80 year old grand retreat lives up to its name perfectly. A piece of heaven for the tired soul and perfect home away from home for those wanting to explore Kerala like a local. The thatched roof, marvellous wooden and cane furniture, with aesthetic furnishing emits a truly rustic vibe, which complements the surrounding natural beauty. Along with a number of modern amenities, you can also enjoy some exciting outdoor activities like jeep safaris, bird watching and coracle riding.
Location: Punchavayal House, P.O. Karakkunnu, Panamaram, Kerala 670721
Price: INR 2,527
5. Anna Homestay: Anna Homestay in Kerala is one of the most sophisticated and elegant retreats that is situated in Munnar. This magnificent homestay is located at a short distance of 3 km from the famous Chenkulam Dam. The rooms are spacious and exquisitely furnished with a picturesque view of the surrounding mountain range. The resort features other amenities like free Wi-Fi, free parking, laundry, a landscaped garden, luggage storage, 24 hours room service and family rooms.
Location: Anna Homestay Thattathimukku Bus Stop Chithirapuram P.O, Munnar, Kerala 685565
Price: INR 2,125
6. Vembanad House Boutique: Situated on the banks of the Vembanad Lake, the marvellous Vembanad House Boutique is a very popular Kerala Homestay, known for its sprawling green lawn, elegant and aesthetic interiors, warm hospitality and authentic Keralite dishes sourced fresh from the local markets. The rooms are air-conditioned and spacious, featuring king size comfortable beds with balconies overlooking a picturesque lake. The amenities include free Wi-fi and attached bathrooms with showers. You can also enjoy outdoor activities like cycling, on the lawn.
Location: Puthankayal, Muhamma.p.o, Alappuzha, Kerala 688525
Price: INR 9,167
7. Varikatt Heritage: The Varikatt Heritage is an exceptional Kerala Homestay where you can spend a marvellous vacation with your loved ones. Situated at the heart of Trivandrum, this spectacular, 150 years old Indo-Gothic villa is an apostle of grandeur and style. The air-conditioned rooms are spacious and fitted with antique furniture and aesthetic furnishing, emitting a warm ambience. The huge balconies attached to the rooms, overlooks a badminton court, a curated orchid garden and a hammock that offers splendid natural views.
Location: Punnen Road, Statue, Palayam, Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala 695001
Price: INR 3,500
8. Palkadavu Warium Villa Homestay: Set amidst lush greenery and thick tropical plantations, Palkadavu Warium Villa is a Kerala Homestay, that is ideal for a serene retreat with your loved ones. Situated in Wayanad, this homestay, established in 1964, features a vast lawn for relaxing and entertainment, a bamboo hut and an attic lit with warm lights. The rooms are spacious with minimalistic and elegant decor. The homestay features amenities like free Wi-Fi, free parking, doctor on call, luggage storage, power backup, indoor games and housekeeping.
Location: TP14/75, Kartikulam Road, Thrissilery Rd, Mananthavady, Kerala 670646
Price: INR 3,135
9. Marari Garden Residency: The Marari Garden Residency is one of the most popular homestays in Kerala known for its comfortable rooms, great food and warm hospitality. Located in Alleppey, this retreat features free Wi-Fi, a fully equipped kitchen with a refrigerator and a toaster, a sumptuous continental breakfast to start your day. There are exciting outdoor activities like cycling and fishing there organised by the property. You can spend some quality time at the private beach, relaxing with your loved ones. Yoga sessions are also conducted by experts on the property.
Location: Pattukalam, Alappuzha, Kerala 688008
Price: INR 1,210
10. Emerald Isle Homestay: Experience the true essence of Kerala while you spend your holiday at the Emerald Isle Homestay, with your family and friends. Spread over 9 acres of greenery, this spectacular retreat is mainly constructed with teak and adorned with hand-crafted wood carvings. The property includes a vast paddy field and a fish pond. The rooms are elegant, spacious and aesthetically furnished. The other amenities include air-conditioning, free Wi-Fi, an Ayurveda Centre, car rentals, boating facilities, child friendly spaces, a coffee shop and an array of authentic south Indian dishes.
Location: Kanjooparambil-Manimalathara, Chathurthyakary Post, near Nedumudy, Alappuzha, Kerala 688502
Price: INR 5,225
11. Alapatt Homestay: Situated at Alleppey, Matha footbridge, the Alapatt Homestay is a humble resort designed to make your Kerala vacation truly memorable. The rooms are simple and tastefully furnished. You have the option of choosing a Double Room with king size beds and Dormitory rooms where you can accommodate up to five adults. Other amenities include free Wi-Fi, an attached bath with showers, free parking, efficient room service, CCTV surveillance and exciting outdoor activities like backwater tours. This homestay also features a terrace, a well-maintained garden and a mini-market.
Location: North of Matha Foot Bridge, Before Haveli Resort, West of Rajeeve Jetty, Alappuzha, Kerala 688013
Price: INR 738
12. Coconut Creek Homestay: Situated near the picturesque Kumarakom Lake, Coconut Creek Homestay is a budget resort with spacious, comfortable rooms overlooking the lake. The rooms feature free Wi-Fi, attached bathrooms and balconies with a panoramic view of the lush green tropical plantation surrounding the property. Some of the select rooms feature air-conditioning. Children aged below 5 years can stay free of cost, accompanied by an adult. The property is also pet friendly meaning you can travel with your furry friends. Other amenities include free breakfast, boat cruises, Ayurvedic massage sessions and children’s play area.
Location: Ponnattusseril, New Nazareth Rd, Konchumada Road, illikkalam, Kumarakom, Kerala 686563
Price: INR 2,592
13. Varikatt Heritage Homestay: The stunning heritage villa of Varikatt Heritage Homestay is situated at the heart of Trivandrum. The 5000 square feet villa reflects the 18th Century architectural charm of the Indo-Saracenic style combined with its colonial heritage. The elegant and finely furnished accommodations include one Deluxe Suite and three Deluxe Double Rooms. The air-conditioned rooms feature free Wi-Fi, flat screen T.V., exquisite rosewood furniture and refrigerator. The villa features other amenities like free parking, free breakfast, laundry service, airport shuttle and business meeting rooms. Enjoy the authentic Kerala cuisine as the chef serves you some of the unique recipes of the south during your stay.
Location: Punnen Road, Statue, Palayam, Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala 695001
Price: INR 3,500
14. Sea Hut Homestay: The Sea Hut Homestay is the perfect retreat for a relaxing holiday in Kerala, especially since it comes with its own private beach. The accommodations feature four double bedrooms located along a wide veranda. The homestay features amenities like free Wi-Fi, easy access to the beach where you can relax and enjoy the beautiful sunsets, free on-street parking, sumptuous Asian and Continental breakfast, non- smoking rooms, efficient room service, 24 hours front desk and airport shuttle.
Location: 24/263, Mulamkuzhi Beach Road, Mundamveli, Kochi, Kerala 682002
Price: INR 1,232
15. The Mudhouse Marayoor: The Mudhouse Marayoor is the perfect destination for anyone seeking absolute tranquillity amidst the tranquil nature in Kerala. This homestay is constructed in earthen architectural style to replicate the feel of a mud house. The interiors are aesthetically decorated, emanating earthy and rustic vibes. The rooms are furnished minimally, featuring free Wi-Fi, a wardrobe, sitting area, attached bathroom with showers and free toiletries. An Asian buffet breakfast is prepared fresh on a daily basis. The homestay features a library and outdoor activities like cycling and hiking.
Location: Building No. 382, Channelmedu, Anakalpetty, off Munnar - Udumalpet Road, Marayoor, Kerala 685620
Price: INR 3,943