1. Anaerangal Camp:- Anaerangal camp is one of the best campsites known for camping in Kerala. The cam Overlooks the mountains and offers mesmerizing views of the Anaerangal Lake and the Papathy shola. The cottage also offers a trekking service along with basic necessities like complimentary breakfast, television, laundry, wifi, and even an on-site restaurant. Enjoy the evening bonfire session with your friends and family and get lost in the serenity of the wilderness.
The camp is perfect for leisure and fun. It is located amidst Suryanelli in Munnar and is 86 km away from Cochin airport and 27 km from KSRTC bus Depot, Munnar. The Check-in timing is 10:00 am and the check-out timing is 7:00 am. The price of the cottage starts from Rs 4000/night for 2 adults. Prices may vary depending on the dates.
2. Gavi Jungle Camping:- For forest camping in Kerala, there is no better place than Gavi Jungle Camping. The rich flora, fauna, and avifauna make this place ideal for camping. It is a part of Periyar Tiger Reserve, so you can even witness wildlife through safari, bird watching trek, wildlife film shows, etc. During your camping period, enjoy the picturesque by boating on Periyar Lake.
The camping also includes delicious meals to quench your hunger. Appreciate the jungle and wildlife under the starry night in Gavi Jungle camping. The site is situated in Gavi, a small village surrounded by dense and lush forests in Pathanamthitta district of Kerala. The check-in and check-out timings are 3:00 pm and 2:00 pm respectively. The price per person is between Rs 1000-2000.
3. Vattavada:- Vattavada is a famous site for camping in Kerala. Many people come here to escape the chaos of the city and spend time with nature. Vattavada is surrounded by Munnar hills which offers a serene vista to the campers. This Kerala camping location is unburdened by technology and luxuries. So if you want to experience the true bliss of escaping into nature, this is your place to be.
You can also trek to the nearby hills to get a taste of adventure. Enjoy the forest area of Neelakurinji Reserve, a waterfall, a bonfire at night, and even a delectable barbeque with your friends and family. This camping and trek location is around 50km from Munnar and you can easily reach there either by bus or private vehicle. The check-in timing is 3:00 pm and the check-out timing is 12 noon. The cost per person here comes around Rs 3000.
4. Nelliyampathy Jungle Camp:- Whether you are looking for a night camping in Kerala or forest camping in Kerala, Nelliyampathy is the perfect place for it. This small heavenly hill station is surrounded by Anamalai hills which makes it an idyllic place for camping. It has a lush green wilderness where you may even witness much wild flora and fauna. For all adventure enthusiasts, trekking service, hiking, safari is also available.
After setting up the tent for the night, spend your late hours near a campfire and enjoy a delicious barbeque. The site is located 37 km from Valparai and about 60 km from Cochin International airport. The check-in timing is 12:00 pm and check-out timing is 11:00 am. The price per person here comes around Rs 2000.
5. Thattekad Hornbill Camp:- Hornbill camp takes camping in Kerala to the next level by offering well-equipped tents, cabins, and shacks that overlook the Periyar River. This camping site offers bliss of comfortability and also a thrill of adventure altogether. Located amidst the jungle, you will love the lush greenery and plantations around the camp. Bird watching, kayaking, plantation walk, soft trekking, cycling, and exploring nearby local villages are some of the many activities offered at this campsite.
The camp adjoins Dr. Salim Bird Sanctuary where you can witness around 300 species of birds. After exploring nature during the day, one can simply enjoy the barbeque or clambake at night. The place is situated in Thattekad which is near Kochi and around 70 km from Munnar. The check-in and check-out timings are 2:00 pm and 11:00 am respectively and the cost per night starts from Rs 5000.
6. Parambikulam Island Camping:- Parambikulam Island Camps are well known for their forest camping in Kerala. It is located in Parambikulam Tiger Reserve and is built within the Parambikulam Dam which makes the camping experience even more exciting. The campers can set their camps atop bamboo clusters where they can appreciate nature and wilderness. The oldest teak tree, Kannimara, is present here which can be visited to witness 351 years of its growth.
If the visitors are lucky enough, they may even witness wild cats freely roaming in their habitat. Many more species of flora, fauna, avifauna, and even reptiles and insects can also be witnessed here. The campers must set up their camp and bring their own groceries. Plan your nights here accordingly to experience a wonderful night camping in Kerala. The check-in timing is 12:00 pm and the check-out timing is 10:30 am. The price of the camp starts from Rs 6000.
7. Meesapulimala Camping:- All the adventure lovers are going to love this Kerala camping site as Meesapulimala is famous for its thrilling trek. The base of the camp is set up at the height of 6000 feet which is surrounded by flourishing greenery and wildlife. The idyllic vista of the surroundings will leave you in awe. At night enjoy the bonfire, barbeque, and starry nights with your loved ones.
During the day, you can get pumped up about the trek. Pack your backpacks and start your trek early in the morning to reach the Radovalley at a height of 8700 feet. The trek is both for beginners and intermediate trekkers. Enjoy the true escapade via Meesapulimala camping in Kerala. The timing of check-in is 2:00 pm and check-out is 1:00 pm. The price of this trek and camp starts from Rs 4000.
8. Nature Zone Resort:- This nature’s retreat is a hidden site for camping in Kerala. Escape the chaos and lose yourself in the serenity of nature in Nature Zone Resort. It offers African tents to confer the feel of a camp. For a tad of adventure, bamboo houses are also present which stand on the top of the trees. Many activities like cycling, jeep safari, rappelling, and trekking are also available to make your day thrilling.
During the night, have a delectable meal with your loved ones by the campfire. To add a sense of luxury amidst all the adventure, grab a meal in the in-house restaurant. It is about 15 km away from Matupetti Dam and about 135 km from Cochin International Airport. The check-in and check-out timings of the camp are 1:00 pm and 11:00 am. The package for 2 nights and 3 days starts from Rs 21,500.