1. Makkithitta Homestay, Sakleshpur: This is an elegant homestay in Sakleshpur’s hills and lush pasture landscapes. Designed in traditional Malnad Style, this place is a great option for Karnataka Homestays for families and large groups for outings.
Affordable and well-equipped, Makkithitta offers its guests simple but comfortable accommodations that come in two variants - individual bedrooms and dorms, freshly prepared traditional meals, the chance to pounce on adventures and activities like bird watching, treks, swimming, campfire, sightseeing and more in the opulent surroundings with your loved ones.
Location: Hanbal P.O, Sakleshpur Taluk, Hassan District, Dornahalli, Karnataka 573165.
2. Mountain Valley Homestay, Chikmagalur: Set in the very act of nature, the Mountain Valley in Chikmagalur is among the best homestays in Karnataka to spend a nature retreat with family, friends or lovers. Deemed as a premium accommodation option in the hills, this place promises the authentic Indian, family-like experience for its guests.
There are bungalows and wooden cottages to lounge in, both of these offer magnificent views of the environs around. Besides this, there are outdoor activities arranged, such as - plantation walks and treks, cycling in the mountains trails, bonfire and evening entertainment, wildlife safaris and much more to keep everyone engaged.
Location: Golf Club Road, Allampura, Chikmagalur-577101, Karnataka.
3. Old Kent Homestay, Coorg: This Heritage Bungalow nestled in the heart of a lush and thriving coffee plantation dates back to the British Raj Era in India. What was once exclusive to the English aristocracy has now been renovated into a lovely homestay for one and all to savour.
Despite many modern additions and changes to give you the best of luxuries and comforts, the old-world and honest charm of the place has still been intact and can be seen, felt and lived throughout the vacation. From cottages as living spaces to vast lawns that sprout rare flora, to the delicious dining menu and many recreational experiences, you are in for a delight at Old Kent.
Location: Thaikappa Estate, Horror Post, Suntikoppa, Old Kent Estate Rd, Kodagu, Karnataka 571237.
4. Amara Homestay, Dandeli: Floored with the bounties of nature, Dandeli a small town in Karnataka is the go-to destination for nature lovers and people who want some time off away from the intrusions of the city. The Dandeli Wildlife Sanctuary is the main highlight that is visited by flocks of tourists all year round.
And to keep the experience and thrill of wilderness going, they all choose to stay at Amara Homestay - one of the best homestays in Karnataka. This modest accommodation comes installed with all the essentials required for a good vacation along with a list of many outdoor activities so that Dandeli can be explored for all its charm.
Location: Chinchakhanda, Gund, Tq: Joida, Uttara Kannada, Karnataka 581325.
5. Gitanjali Homestays, Mysore: The Gitanjali Homestay was built over thirty years ago and started as a home-like lodging facility for about sixteen years. Run by the Achaiahs family, this place is probably unlike any and one of the best Karnataka Homestays.
Situated in the foothill of the Chamundi Hills in Mysore, this property is eccentric and beautiful to look at. The rooms that are spacious and elegant, a lawn thriving with flora, pet dogs of the owner to play with, and their offerings of special on and off-site activities are all the things that you and your companions on this stay can indulge in.
Location: Lalithadripura road (road diagonally opposite to Brigade Splendour), Mysuru, Karnataka.
6. Devigiri Homestay, Sakleshpur: Located at a distance of a few kilometres from the nearest town of Sakleshpur, the Devigiri Retreat is a plantation bungalow that is a family-run B&B service. Surrounded by the Malnad Western Ghats and its majestic verdure, this 40-year old homestay is one of the best homestays in Karnataka.
On the premises are two types of holiday homes - the Planters Bungalow and Hunters Lodge. You can choose either, depending on the kind of aesthetics and experience you want. Other than that, the place also provides delicious meals, necessary amenities and arrangement of activities for the guests.
Location: Heggadde Post, Sakleshpur, Taluk, Heggadde, Karnataka 573145.
7. Shanti Kunj Homestay, Chikmagalur: This is one of the best budget-friendly homestays in Karnataka. Situated on a 60 acres plantation, along the Bhadra River in the Chikmagalur region, Shanti Kunj despite its low rates can give any luxury stay facility a run for their money.
This expansive property is encircled by the verdant Western Ghats Range, setting up a scenic and soulful scenery for its guests. Perfect for families, couples and every other vacationer, you can enjoy all the important amenities, outdoor adventures and a stay in six different cottages - glasshouse, mud house, log house, tent house, areca cottage here.
Location: Honnekoppa, sangameshwarpet, Near Kadabagere Chikmagalur Dist Devdhana, Karnataka 577136.
8. Silver Brook Estate, Coorg: A coffee estate with a perennial brook flowing nearby, the setting for Silver Brook in Coorg is like no other. This estate homestay is the brainchild of a husband-wife duo who have the creatives and hospitality experience.
Bordering the property is more naturalness of the region that is home to indigenous wildlife, birds and flora. So, you and your loved ones can wake up in the plush rooms, to the sounds of the rustling trees and chirping birds. Not just that, one can also opt for outdoor activities like nature walks, plantation tours, bird watching etc. to fully appreciate their surroundings.
Location: Kadagadal Village, Madikeri, Coorg, KA, 571248.
9. Ocean Deck Beach Homestay, Karwar: This is Karwar’s first beach homestay and has been among the best stay facilities to book during your coastal escapade. Boasting of sea views, the Ocean Deck Homestay has the most relaxing holiday experience on offer for its guests.
Perfect for families as well as couples, there are Premium, Semi-Premium and Standard accommodations to choose from. Then there are several in-house and on the beach food outlets, water and adventure activities and much more worth enjoying here.
Location: Nakhuda Mohalla, DEVBAGH, Karwar, Karnataka 581352.
10. Misty Hills Homestay, Sakleshpur: The Misty Hills Homestay in Sakleshpur is perched amidst the picturesque landscapes of hill, grasslands and forests. This is a 4-bedroom bungalow that has deluxe interiors and amenities.
Besides the plush rooms, there is a common living area, a kitchen and a dining area. The surroundings are quaint and perfect for strolls and outdoor games. Treks and nature walks, sightseeing, camping etc. are available if you want to go around the area and better enjoy your vacation.
Location: Harapanahalli Village, Hassan District, Sakleshpur, Karnataka 573134.
11. Robusta Valley Coffee Plantation Homestay, Chikmagalur: Located at an elevation of 3000 feet in Chikmagalur, the Robusta Valley stay is a plantation property that enjoys nature's best. There are lush gardens and the incessant wildlife that pays a visit to you during the stay.
This is one of the most favourite Homestays in Karnataka for the regional travellers to soothe and relax their body and mind. With lavish rooms and incredible dining facilities, a treehouse, campsite, indoor and outdoor activities, and more, your time here would be like a dream come true.
Location: Mallikarjuna Estate, Near Daradahalli Hand Post, Daradahalli Village,, Mudigere Taluk,Chikmagalur District., Bakki, Karnataka 577113.
12. Skylarc Homestay, Coorg: This is a peaceful homestay set in the plantation, hills and valley outlooks of Coorg. A pleasant destination for families, couples and groups, the Skylarc is among the best affordable Karnataka Homestays.
The property besides being equipped with all the essential provisions also has a swimming pool on the premises, which is quite rare to see at such stays in the region. The guests during their vacation can also request for outdoor activities and special arrangements like - bonfires.
Location: Sky Larc Estate, Ballamavati Village, Ballamavati, Coorg(Kodagu), Karnataka 571214.
13. Saffron Stays - Ocean Pearl, Mangalore: Situated on the Hejamady Beach in Mangalore, Saffron Stays is a gorgeous cottage bungalow fronting the bleached sand beach and turquoise sea.
The interiors, including the rooms and common areas, are all spacious and open with high ceilings. The balconies and porches that give guests a chance to sit outside and enjoy the views with a cup of tea or coffee. The staff at the stay is professional and compliant to all your vacation needs.
Location: Shree Mookambika Nivas, Hejamady Beach Road, near Veera Maruthi Temple, Karnataka 574103.
14. Mavalli Beach Heritage Home, Murudeshwar: A part of the coastal landscape of Murudehwar, the Mavalli Beach Home is among the best homestays in Karnataka. Situated right on the beach, the guests get to wake up to a clear and unbothered panorama of the Arabian Sea.
Other than the shore, many other local attractions are also nearby, making sightseeing a comfortable experience. Apart from that, the house, dating back ages still ensues the same charisma with the added benefits of renovations that provide modern comforts.
Location: Mavalli Beach Heritage Home, Murudeshwar Beach Road, Mavalli-1, Hiredomi, Murdeshwar, Karnataka 581350.