1. Take a ropeway ride in Patnitop: The Patnitop ropeway is one of Jammu and Kashmir's most enjoyable adventure activities. This ropeway offers thrilling views of the treetops, verdant meadows, snow-capped mountains, and spectacular natural landscapes, as it is Asia's highest ropeway, a river. With 2.8 kilometers of track, the ropeway is ideal for taking in the lush pine forests and vibrant blossoming flowers in the meadows below. Moreover, it is as if you are passing through a cloud, an incomparable sensation.
Location: Udhampur District, Jammu and Kashmir, India
Price: Starting from INR 849
2. Visit Raghunath Bazaar for some shopping: Raghunath Bazaar, which lies close to the historic Raghunath Temple in Jammu, is the city's old tourist attraction. You can get your hands on handcrafted goods, local produce, and other things to enhance your holiday experience at Raghunath Bazaar. You will find many stalls and shops selling dry and fresh fruits, including walnuts, peaches, nuts, cashews, saffron, and apples, besides traditional pashmina shawls, embroidered clothes, and spices.
Location: Jammu City, Jammu and Kashmir, India
3. Visit the Indira Gandhi Memorial Tulip Garden: In Jammu and Kashmir, you should not miss an opportunity to visit the Indira Gandhi Memorial Tulip Garden, Asia's largest tulip garden. This garden is located at the foothills of the Zabarwan Mountains, with a picturesque view of Dal Lake. It comprises many plants, including hyacinths, ranunculus, daffodils, and other flora species. Here, you can view almost 1.25 million tulip flowers of various colors while taking a relaxing stroll among the flower borders.
Location: Cheshma Shahi Road, Rainawari, Srinagar, Jammu and Kashmir 190001, India
Price: INR 25- INR 50
4. Ride ponies at Pahalgam: You can enjoy a pony ride in Pahalgam during your stay in Jammu and Kashmir. Natural vistas, valleys, and a glacier surround you in this pristine, unspoiled, magical destination. You can enjoy riding a pony, which is the primary mode of transportation here. Furthermore, during the pony ride, you will also have the opportunity to observe the daily life of Jammu and Kashmir's people besides having a fun banter with them.
Location: Pahalgam, Anantnag District, Jammu and Kashmir, India
Price: INR 1655 onwards
5. Trip to Vaishno Devi Temple: The most sought-after thing to do in J&K is to visit Vaishno Devi Temple, and a pilgrimage to this revered religious site is a must during a holiday in the area. Goddess Durga's incarnation, Goddess Vaishno Devi Temple, is situated in the Trikuta Mountains, and this mountain range has one base and three peaks. During the 6- to 9-hour trek to the temple, you will pass scenic caves, as well as food and other stalls on the way to enjoy the stunning views of the valley, and as you approach the temple, you can see a shrine inside the cave.
Location: PVG4+JRR, Resham Ghar Colony, Jammu 18001, India
Price: INR 100 onwards
6. Experience Kashmir's local cuisine: Don't forget to sample the local cuisine when visiting Jammu and Kashmir while on vacation. Kashmir is renowned across the globe for its variety of spices, dried fruits and other local products. A must-try is their traditional cuisine, which usually involves a lot of meat and is prepared in a chulha. The tasty dishes one can eat here include mutton or lamb Rogan josh, Kashmiri Kahwa tea; paneer Chaman (fried cottage cheese served in tomato-based gravy); nadroo yakhni ( lotus roots in yogurt curry); gushtaba (minced mutton cooked in yogurt), dum aloo, and others.
Location: Jammu and Kashmir, India
Price: Starting from INR 400
7. Enjoy Gulmarg's Gondola Cable Car Ride: Taking a ride in the famous Gulmarg Cable Car is another popular activity in Jammu and Kashmir. It is a must-do experience for people of all ages to enjoy a Gondola Ride in Gulmarg. Enjoy breathtaking views of the picturesque Kashmir Valley, dotted with snow-capped mountains, lush meadows, and serene lakes. This activity offers one of the finest panoramas in the valley, which is challenging to find anywhere else. From a high vantage point, you will view the Gulmarg Valley and various attractions of the region, such as the Mary Shoulder, Kongdoori and Apharwat Peak.
Gulmarg, Jammu and Kashmir, India
INR 700 onwards
8. Ski-in Gulmarg:
Many adventures are available in Jammu and Kashmir, but skiing in Gulmarg is undoubtedly among the most enjoyable ones. There are several spots and places here where you can experience skiing while viewing the snow-covered peaks and icy slopes of the Himalayan Mountains ranges. Skiing in Gulmarg is ideal at any time of the year due to its powdery snow, making it the third-highest ski resort in the world.Location:
Gulmarg, Jammu and Kashmir 193403, India
Starting from INR 740 onwards9. Stay in a houseboat:
A significant highlight of Jammu and Kashmir tourism is the unique experience of spending a night in a houseboat. Several houseboats are docked at the Dal Lake jetty, a popular tourist attraction in Srinagar. Here, you can spend a night sampling a traditional Wazwan meal, surrounded by the countryside's stunning views, ice-capped mountains, and Kashmir's tranquil surroundings. The houseboats offer Wi-Fi, heaters, airport transfers, sightseeing and other services, ensuring a complete holiday experience.
Srinagar, Jammu and Kashmir, India
: Starting from INR 174210. Shikara rides on Dal Lake:
Indulging in a shikara ride in the serene Dal Lake is integral to your Jammu and Kashmir tourism. It is tucked away in the picturesque valley of Kashmir. Dal Lake is an ideal place to relax and unwind from the stresses of city life. As you ride the shikara, you will be able to enjoy the verdant landscapes, the water oars' soothing sounds on the lake's still waters, as well as the tranquility and serenity of the surroundings.Location
: Srinagar, Jammu and Kashmir, IndiaPrice
: Starting from INR 400 onwardsSuggested Read: Things To Do In Jammu & Kashmir