1. Bir Billing: Bir Billing is one of the best sites for paragliding in Himachal Pradesh. Here, the take-off point from where you will start the rush is located at the height of 8200 ft above sea level. At such a height, jumping off the cliff and then opening the parachute for floating in the air is a lifetime experience. You can clearly see the panoramic beauty of the Dhauladhar ranges covered with snow, the wide and lush green covered fields towards the foothills of the mountains, and the several streams and rivers flowing through the canyons.
Location: Bir Colony, Bir, Himachal Pradesh
Price: INR 2000 per head (approx.)
Timing: 9:30 AM to 4 PM
2. Solang Valley: Another amazing spot for paragliding in the Himachal is Solang Valley. In recent times, this valley has become a hotspot for paragliding where you will definitely have a lifetime experience. Here, you can take off from two points situated at two different heights. If you want to take-off from the higher spot, you will need a gondola to reach there. Regardless of where you are taking off for paragliding, you will be able to marvel at the entire Solang Valley along with the river flowing nearby.
Location: 14 kms from Manali, Himachal Pradesh
Timing: 9AM to 4PM
Price: INR 1600 per person (approx.)
3. Khajjiar: Since Khajjiar is an offbeat location, it should be there on your list if you want to experience the majestic views of the snow-capped mountains. Paragliding in Himachal Pradesh is itself quite breathtaking. And when it comes to Khajjiar, the sensations become more intense.
With a backdrop of the Kailash ranges and the lower Himalayan terraced green fields, the view is simply majestic. Also, since Khajjar is located at quite a height, you can feel the rush of the chilly air even during the summer season.
Location: Dalhousie, Himachal Pradesh
Timing: 9 AM to 5 PM
Price: INR 3000 (approx.)
4. Dalhousie: Dalhousie is one of the amazing places where you can opt for paragliding in Himachal Pradesh. Dalhousie is a small town, sitting hidden amidst the huge mountain ranges. Even though it doesn’t offer numerous sight scenes, you can have a lifetime experience by flying from a height of 5000 feet in the air.
You can catch glimpses of both the Dhauladhar Ranges and the Kailash Mountain. Besides, you will be able to glide through the narrow mountain passes, trailing above the small rivulets flowing underneath through the canyons. Paragliding is done only under the supervision of experts, and hence, there is nothing to worry about.
Location: Manali, Himachal Pradesh
Price: INR 2500 (approx.)
Timing: 10AM to 4 PM
5. Manali: The next best spot for paragliding in Himachal Pradesh is Manali. Even though it's quite a populous town with a large Tibetan market and several temples, you wouldn’t get tired of the adventure level this town has. And, one of the most nerve-wrecking, thrilling activities you can do is paragliding.
Dhobi is the main take-off point, and it’s located at 8000 feet above sea level. While you will be in the air, you will have the chance to marvel at five colossal mountain peaks in the Middle Himalayan Range. Besides, you can also enjoy the green-clad Kullu valley and watch the Beas River as it winds around the foothills.
Location: Dhobi Fly Point, Himachal Pradesh
Cost: INR 3000 (approx.)
Timing: 9 AM to 4 PM
6. Kullu: Gliding in the air at the height of 6300 feet above sea level is an unforgettable experience that Kullu has to offer. With your heart racing a million times per minute and adrenaline pumping through your veins, you are going to enjoy paragliding in Himachal Pradesh from Kullu valley the most. While you will be in the air, you can catch some of the exquisite views of the Pir Panjal range, the Pong Dam, the lush Green Kullu Valley, the Friendship Himalayan Ranges, and the Dhauladhar Range.
Apart from these places, you can also catch a glimpse of the wide Solang valley and the town of Manali. Ten minutes will be allocated for you to remain in the air, after which you will have to land on the ground in Solang Valley.
Location: Gulaba, Kullu Valley, Himachal Pradesh
Timing: 11 AM to 6 PM
Price: INR 3000 (approx.)