Camping Places in HimachalTriund, Malana, Tosh, Rasol, Beas Kund, Chalal, Malana, Buddhaban, Rudranag, Kutla Glacier, Grahan, Kheerganga, Solang Valley, Narkanda and more.
People Also Ask About Camping in Himachal Pradesh
What are the best camping places in Himachal?
1. Beas Kund: For the ones who wish to enjoy camping in Himachal, the scenic yet dramatic surroundings of the Beas Kund can work as wonders. From the view of mountains to the weather conditions, everything is just perfect here.
2. Triund: Offering views of various mesmerising waterfalls and glistening night sky, Triund is one such camping spot which is postcard perfect. With bountiful nature all around, this place makes sure that you experience perfect bliss and satisfactory thrill.
3. Tosh: Toht is one of those camping destinations reaching where is an adventure in itself. While this small and quaint hill station gets lightened up with scenic charm, it also acts as a perfect spot to enjoy Himachal camping.
4. Kheerganga: Kheerganga is considered to be one of the best sites for camping in the Himalayan Region because of its verdant lush greenery. Campers will be able to enjoy the serene atmosphere and get to spend some time in refreshments in the midst of numerous water streams and dense pine forests. During your stay in these camping places in Himachal, you will be welcomed by the beautiful views of nature and loads of thrilling adventure sports. Kheerganga is best suited for camping from April to June and September to November.
5. Rudranag: Rudranag is embellished with some of the majestic cascading waterfalls and rocky mountain ranges. It provides a truly enchanting atmosphere for the trekkers to camp in the middle of beautiful scenic views and enjoy a wide range of activities. The best time to head out for camping at Rudranag is between April to June and September to November.
6. Grahan: Grahan happens to be one of the best places for camping in Himachal because of its location in the pristine Parvati Valley. It is located in the lap of nature and offers a tranquilising vibe to the trekkers and hikers. You will surely be able to enjoy your time at the campsite as you will have breathtaking views all around as well as get a chance to be pampered by the warm locals. You will also be amazed by the evening entertainment sipping some exotic drinks. The campsite usually caters to the trekkers from Mid-March to June and again from September to November.
7. Buddhaban: If you wish to spend your time in a camping ground that is surrounded by the beautiful scenic views and take part in excellent activities, then Buddhaban is just an enthralling place. It is located close to the village of Tosh near Kasol. You can easily reach this place by government buses and taxis. During your stay, you will get to enjoy the breathtaking views of the apple orchards. The best time to enjoy this camping ground experience would be from the month of May to the month of June.
8. Solang Valley: Located close to Manali, it is just a wonderful place that is embellished with the stunning viewpoints of snow capped mountains and icy white glaciers. The valley entices thrill seekers to come over and try out some exciting adventure activities like skiing, mountaineering, paragliding and trekking. The camp stays in Solang Valley offer you a warm feeling amidst the breathtaking natural beauty. You will get all sorts of basic amenities as well as enjoy some exciting evening entertainment as well.
9. Narkanda: Surrounded by the mighty Himalayan Mountain Ranges, Narkanda nestles at an elevation of 2708 meters on the Hindustan Tibet Road. The camp sites are located about 65 km from Shimla and happen to be a perfect place for both adventures and rejuvenation. The palm and peaceful setting of this place just tranquilises your soul.
10. Chalal: Surrounded by rolling green hills and delightful sceneries, Chalal is considered to be a perfect unadulterated location. Here, most of the camps are settled along a river stream, thus adding more fun to the activity.
11. Rasol: Letting you choose from options like camps, tent houses and private rooms, Rasol is home to various properly dedicated campsites. The weather here is always cozy, thus you can enjoy a perfect vacationing experience here.
What are the best adventure camps in Himachal?1. Nohradhar Adventure Camps: Nohradhar Adventure Camps designs unique camping experiences in seldom-visited destinations. The camp includes a tent-stay along with other trekking and hiking adventures.2. Camp Roxx Adventure Camp: Nestled within towering pine forests, Camp Roxx promises a quiet weekend filled only with adventure. The Camp offers well-furnished rooms as well as outdoor tents to stay. A number of activities are conducted here, including Burma Bridge, Flying Fox, Single Rope Walk among others. The Camp also organizes bonfire nights and outdoor movie screenings.3. High Adventure Camps: Situated along the banks of the stunning river Beas, High Adventures promises an adventurous stay in the wild. Catering specially to thrill-seekers and adventure mongers, their camps focus on activities such as river rafting, trekking, and so on.4. Himalayan Frontiers: This adventure camp organizes a number of different camping tours throughout the year. The camps, taking place both in summer and winters, focus on activities such as rappelling, trekking, zip-lining, rock climbing, and Burma bridge.
If you are planning a trip to the picturesque valleys near Kullu and Manali, Rohtang Pass must be on your itinerary. The popular vistas point is well known for its unparalleled natural beauty and is one of the most essential attraction points in the region. The pass is located just 50 km away from the main town, and is easily accessible by road. One of the major attractions of Rohtang La is that it is one of the highest passes in the Himalayas. Located at a staggering height of 3978 meters above sea level, the pass offers some of the most pristine views of the Himalayas you will ever get to sea.As your car climbs on the Manali-Keylong road on your way to Rohtang La, you will see a dramatic change in the scenery around you, and the stunning landscape will leave you breathless. In fact, the mesmerizing beauty of the route and the pass is so spectacular that it has been featured in many Bollywood blockbusters ranging from Jab We Met to Yeh Jawani Hai Diwani.For people who want to get away from the hustle and bustle of everyday life and curl up with a cup of tea in the middle of unparalleled natural splendor, Rohtang La offers one of the best options. As your car climbs up the road, the weather will get colder and you won’t be able to help but admire the chilling and dramatic beauty of this place. Clear blue skies, fluffy snow-covered mountain peaks, and sprawling landscapes – who can resist such natural wonders? The otherworldly and spectacular Rohtang La pass needs to be seen to be believed.
Apart from Khardung La or Baralacha La, Ladakh has numerous other passes at great heights which stand as Ladakh’s pride for centuries now. The glitters of other passes may be diminished by Khardung La mainly but all the other passes are equally important. Lachulung La is a single example. The elevation of this pass is 5059 meters above sea level which is considered to be a dangerously exciting height for any pass after Khardung La. Lachulung La is on the border of Himachal Pradesh and Jammu and Kashmir. Also, it separates the valleys of Tsarap Chu and Tozay. If you take Leh-Manali highway, you will be able to cross this pass that has other names such as Lachalung La, Lungalacha La etc. A fact that to be remembered before you head to visit this pass is, it is open only for four and a half months during summer. Any traveler should be prepared not to fall sick during the conquering of Lachulung La because its geographic status, the height, the rugged pathways and the remote villages it goes through may cause dramatic influence on your body. Being one of the most adventurous passes in Ladakh, Lachulung is a favorite stop avid adventure lovers. Also, the surroundings are quite fictional as the towering Himalayan passes and the nature lying in correspondence to them are creating soothing visuals. Trekkers should be very careful while climbing the altitude up as altitude sickness is assured at the top and keep hydrated to maintain your body conditions with respect to the climate. But the descent is smooth and easy so that you will feel overjoyed till the end.Height: 5059 metersBest time to visit: May to October How to reach: Take Leh-Manali highway, from Sarchu 54 KM and from Pang, 24 KM
As important as the other major passes in Jammu and Kashmir, Nakee La situated at an elevation of 4769 meters above the sea level is a potent competition to Khardung La and similar ones in terms of adventure. On the Leh-Manali Highway, from Manali to Taglang La is Nakee La and it is the third pass among the five passes that to be crossed during the travel from Manali to Leh. The previous travelers shared the experience of driving down the pass was quite dramatic; the expert drivers also find it challenging to steer past the uneven, rugged and off-road paths. But the traversing time would be filled with excitement and thrill if you really love adventure at its level best. The frequent sections of ice are another impediment during the journey as well as avalanche, heavy snowfalls etc can be expected anytime making the process of crossing the pass difficult. The climate is very dry over here and the harsh cold conditions make the pass a challenge to overcome for many. 21 Gata loops is a repeatedly heard word during the tour of Leh and the ascent to Nakee La is known in the special name. One have to overcome the 23 km ascent that starts from 4250 meters to 4980 meters conquering the 21 tricky hairpin bends. There is also a rumor you can hear about the pass is that the pass is haunted by a ghost of a tourist who was buried here.Height: Nakee La is located at an elevation of 4769 meters above the sea level.Location: Nakee La is located on the famous Leh-Manali National Highway. While you travel from Manali to Leh, you would come across Nakee La.Best time to go: The summer is the best time to visit Nakee La since during winter there would be heavy snowfall and landslide.