1. Kuala Lumpur: This massive metropolitan capital city is among the best places for family trips in Malaysia. The city is home to some of the world’s tallest skyscrapers including the twin Petronas Towers. It also boasts of a range of other attractions such as mosques, temples, markets, malls, and much more. You can also witness the country’s distinctive cultural heritage here alongside some interesting colonial architecture. If you visit the area around Merdeka Square, you will also come across some of the best cafes and restaurants. Visit quaint neighborhoods such as Little India and Chinatown to relish a good mix of the old world charm and new technology.
What’s special: Petronas Twin Towers, Thean Hou temple, KL Railway station, Berjaya Times Square Theme Park, Islamic Arts Museum, Menara KL Tower, KL Bird Park, Batu Caves, Merdeka Square
Click Here to Book: Petronas Twin Towers Tickets
2. Genting Highlands: As you head out of the capital city of Kuala Lumpur, you will find yourself amidst rolling greenery and miles of verdure stretching out before your eyes at the Genting Highlands. Known as one of the best places to include when you are planning a family trip in Malaysia, it offers a plethora of beautiful holiday resorts where you can put up. The highlands also boast a number of amusement parks where you and your family can visit to spend quality time with each other.
3. Johor: Located at the southernmost part of the country, this city is near its borders with Singapore. Although it is one of the places where most people stop by only when en route to the neighboring country, it has its own charms and is one of the best places for family trips in Malaysia. The city has been undergoing a lot of developmental activities in recent times to make it more tourist friendly and enjoyable by entire families. You can visit the several museums along with a variety of other cultural attractions that you will find here. The city also boasts of a buzzing nightlife and some great shopping areas.
4. Cameron Highlands: This cozy and quiet little hill station situated at a height of more than a thousand meters above sea level, is great if you are looking for a place for a family tour in Malaysia. The breathtaking beauty, cool temperatures, and fresh air is a perfect getaway from your busy city life. The verdant greenery and rolling landscapes sweeping across the plateaus of the lofty Main Range is a sight to behold. Watch the scenery fold out before your eyes midway between Penang and KL with lush pockets of tropical rain forests and emerald green tea fields as you go along.
What’s special: Batu Brinchang, Local tea villages
If you are planning for a trip to Malaysia, then you can checkout & Book: Malaysia Trip Packages
5. Kundasang: If you are looking for a quiet and peaceful family time, this is your ideal destination. Located at the foothills of the mighty Mount Kinabalu, in the Ranau District in Borneo, Kundasang is one of Malaysia’s most unspoiled natural beauty that is still relatively untouched by conventional tourism. It is an absolute haven for nature and wildlife enthusiasts as it is completely carpeted in lush greenery with some of the most exotic wildlife in the region. Explore the area along some of the off beaten paths to discover sheer beauty here. At an elevation of 6,200 feet, the weather is pleasant all year round and it is also the highest inhabited town in Malaysia.
What’s special: The fresh vegetable markets, Desa Dairy Farm, Kinabalu National Park, Sabah Tea Garden, Poring Hot spring, paragliding, Kundasang Market, Kundasang War Memorial
6. Pulau Rawa: One of the hidden gems in Malaysia, Pulau Rawa is the perfect destination if you are looking for peace and tranquility. Enjoy the sun, sea, and sand on miles of white beaches which are very different from other very popular beaches in Malaysia for their exclusive location that keeps it protected and out of the list of conventional tourist spots. Although, it will take you a mere 30 minutes from the mainland to reach Pulau Rawa by boat, it feels like it is a world apart for its calm beauty.
What’s special: Rawa Island resort, Water slide, swimming and snorkeling opportunity, scuba diving, kayaking, and other water sports, hiking and jungle walks
7. Kapas Island: Located in the Malaysian state of Terengganu, Kapas Island is the best place if you wish to witness the rich marine life here. The tiny island measures roughly 1.5 by 2.5 km and literally means Cotton island referring to its pristine white beaches. Visit here with your entire family to enjoy the clear sea water, soft beaches, tropical jungle, and coral reefs in the surrounding waters. It is also referred to as the diving and snorkeling paradise by many travelers who visit here.
What’s special: scuba diving, snorkeling, jungle trekking, beach volleyball, sea kayaking
Also Explore & Book: Malaysia Honeymoon Packages
8. Melaka: Situated on the western coast of the Malaysian peninsula, this is one of the best places for a family tour in Malaysia. You will see remnants of a strong Dutch, British, and Portuguese influence on the local architecture and culture because each of these colonists ruled here at some point in history. As a result there are distinct marks left by each nation that are palpable in different aspects of the city. Melaka or Malacca, as it is popularly referred to, is also known for its bustling night markets that have on offer a wide range of food outlets serving a plethora of local and international cuisines.
What’s special: Christ Church, Jonker Street, St Paul’s Church, Baba and Nyonya House Museum, Cheng Hoon teng temple
9. Penang: Penang is a Malaysian province that stretches along the country’s northwestern coast and attracts millions of tourists every year for its gorgeous beauty. Experience the beauty of the place that is a perfect combination of beaches, mountains covered in lush greenery, exquisite marine life, durian farms, and much more. Visit Penang with your family to explore the beautiful surroundings and narrow lanes featuring mural trails, colonial art, and 19th century architecture. Penang is also known as the regional food paradise and you can enjoy rich cuisines from different parts of Asia served here.
What’s special: Food tours, Batu Ferringhi, Georgetown, kopitiams, Little India
10. Ipoh: This is the capital of the state of Perak and among the most popular places for a family tour in Malaysia especially if you wish to get away from the big busy cities. The city lies between Kuala Lumpur and Malaysia’s border with Thailand. You can tour the lovely town with your entire family, stroll along the buzzing streets which are lined with lots of little shops, cafes, and restaurants. Head to the newer parts of the town where you will find a lot of fine dining places as well as big restaurants serving authentic traditional and local dishes. The city also boasts a number of impressive temple complexes which attract visitors of all religions, particularly the Perang Tong Cave temple.
What’s special: Perang Tong cave temple
Suggested For You: Places To Visit In Malaysia