Cambodia Family Packages- Browse through a wide range of Cambodia family holiday packages with exciting offers at Thrillophilia. Book customized Cambodia family tours with exciting deals & offers.
Cambodia Family Tours from Thrillophilia offers the family vacationers a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to embrace divinity at its best. Cambodia is a hub for religious sites and brilliant architectural marvels that dates back ages. Heading out with these customizable tour packages from Thrillophilia, you will be visiting heritage sites and indulging in a wide range of activities.
Thrillophilia makes sure that you get to stay in handpicked hotel accommodations that are loaded with top-notch amenities and known for offering high-quality personalized services. You will also be offered a personal tour guide who will help you with travel across the religious monuments and heritage hotspots. The best part of booking your trip with Thrillophilia is that you will at all times get more than you ever expect. All the tour packages will be offered with great discounts and offer so that you can enjoy more with your family members spending less.
Plan for a Cambodia Family Holiday with Thrillophilia to make the most of your stay as you will also visit some of the nearby cities to explore the ancient ruins and heritage. The well-curated tours from Thrillophilia also make sure that you not only spend time at the tourist attractions but also indulge in some adventure activities. Booking customizable packages you can take your trip as per your likeness like marveling at the colonial structures of Kampot, snorkeling at the pristine Sihanoukville, and relishing the best of Cambodian nightlife at the casinos and karaoke bars of Poipet.
People Also Ask About Family Tours in Cambodia
Which are the best places to visit in Cambodia with family?
1. Angkor Wat: Angkor Wat happens to be the largest religious complex in the whole world and it is unlisted in the UNESCO World Heritage Sites. With a wide moat of 650 feet, the temple has got a stone gateway with guardian lions and seven-headed naga. In order to shape this temple about 300000 workers and more than 6000 elephants were used as the sandstone blocks were brought from the holy mountain of Phnom Kulen.
Taking a trip with your family on a Cambodia family holiday package, you will be able to explore the ruins of the Buddhist temple as well as capture poster-perfect views of nature surrounded by towering trees.
Location: Siem Reap, Cambodia
Highlights: UNESCO World Heritage Site
2. Kampot: Kampot is a scenic riverside city that is home to a number of colonial structures. It is a gateway to the French Hill station of the famous Bokor National Park which is known for its pleasant climate and enthralling views. It is one of the most sought-after places that tourists love to visit on their Cambodia family holiday package.
During your visit, you will get to visit the ancient ruins of Kampot Kampong Trach Caves, enjoy boating on the river, and watch glistening waterfalls. Some of the must-try activities that you can indulge in during your visit are Stand up paddleboarding and kayaking. You can also spend time exploring the Kampot Salt Fields, Phnom Chhngok Cave Temple, and Rabbit Island.
Location: Preaek Tuek Chhu River in southern Cambodia
Highlights: Pepper plantations and salt fields
3. Bayon Temple: Bayon Temple is considered to be an ancient architectural marvel that is known for its intricate art and architecture. Located in the popular site of Angkor Thom, it impresses its visitors with its rich history. The best part of this place of worship that will make a mark in the mind of visitors is the design on the walls of the buildings. During your visit, you can explore the entire temple and pay attention to the intricate detailing.
Location: Angkor Thom Angkor Archeological Park, Krong Siem Reap, 17000, Cambodia
Highlights: Intricate art and architecture
Timings: 7:30AM - 5:30 PM
4. Ta Prohm Temple: Ta Prohm Temple is one of the renowned temples in Siem Reap that is built in the Bayon style that dates back to the 12 th and 13th centuries. It was originally called Rajavihara and it is located at a distance of one kilometer from Angkor Thom.
The temple was founded by the Khmer King Jayavarman VII as a Mahayana Buddhist monastery and university. This place attracts tourists from all over the world because of its photogenic and atmospheric combination of trees and ancient ruins. The temple has also been enlisted in the World Heritage Site list by UNESCO in the year 1992.
Location: Angkor Archaeological Park, Krong Siem Reap, Cambodia
Highlights: Photogenic and atmospheric combination of trees and ancient ruins
Timings: 7:30AM - 5:30 PM
5. Phnom Penh: Phnom Penh is considered to be the leafy capital city of Cambodia that is famous for its palaces and wats. The city is located close to the conjunction of three grand rivers namely Bassac River, Tonle Sap, and the Mekong.
The city is home to a number of upmarket cafes and bustling bars as well. While strolling across the streets you will come across many French colonial houses and pagodas. You will also be able to explore many Khmer artifacts at the museums and exhibition halls.
Location:Junction of the Mekong and Tonlé Sap rivers
Highlights: Carvings, paintings, silk, silver, gems, and even antiques.
6. Sihanoukville: Sihanoukville happens to be one of the most renowned snorkeling spots in Cambodia as well as home to some of the sunny beaches. Tourists love to come over to this place to spend time in relaxation by the side of the serene coastline and enjoy thrilling watersports like snorkeling and Kayaking.
You can also choose to spend time at the beach shacks enjoying a fun-filled holiday vacation. It is mainly visited by tourists in between the months of October and January. During your visit, you visit some of the temples, cascading waterfalls, and surreal beaches.
Location: Capital of Sihanoukville Province, at the tip of an elevated peninsula in the country's south-west on the Gulf of Thailand
Highlights: Snorkelling and kayaking
7. Poipet: Poipet is considered to be the land of casinos and karaoke bars. If you wish to make the most of the nightlife of Cambodia, then this is the place. During your stay at this place, you will be able to explore the beer gardens and enjoy the famous Khmer Coffee at the local cafes.
Apart from all these, you will also be able to enjoy the famous Cambodian Architectural marvels as well. Poipet is very much famous for its stone engravings. You can come over to this place in between the month of October to the month of January to enjoy your time at the casino resorts.
Location: Banteay Meanchey Province in western Cambodia, on the border with Thailand
Highlights: Casinos and Karaoke Bars
What are the best things to do in Cambodia with family?
1. Watch a show of Apsara Dance: A show of Apsara Dance is one of the most sought-after things for lovers of dance, art, and theatrics in Cambodia. The cultural performances have got their root from the mythological courts of Kings and Gods that have been polished with modern influences.
The famous art form - Khmer Performances revolve around a story that is narrated by the flexible movements of the performers and their eye-catching attires. You can watch these live performances at theatres, cafes, and some hotels as well. If you wish to get an authentic experience on your Cambodia Family Tours, then you can head out to the Temple Balcony at Pub Street in Siem Reap.
Location: Pub Street, Siem Reap Cambodia
Highlights: Khmer Performances
Entry fees: INR 1,500/- per person
2. Taste the Cambodian Cuisine: Cambodia is very much popular for its cuisine which is considered to drive more tourists to visit this paradise. The cuisine of Cambodia is filled with loads of contrasts and variations which will make you fall for it. A typical Cambodian meal would consist of rice and fish items.
Some of the popular dishes that you must not forget to try out are Fish Amok (steamed coconut fish in banana leaves), Nom Banh Chok (Khmer noodles), Samlor Machu Trey (sweet and sour soup with fish), and the Num Anksom Sach Chrouk (sticky rice cake). The popular places to taste authentic Cambodian food are Khema in Phnom Penh, Holy Crab in Kep, and Genevieve’s Restaurant in Siem Reap.
Location: Achar Sva Street, Corner Street 22 Siem Reap, 17254, Cambodia
Highlights: Seafood Cuisines
Timings: 8:00 AM - 7:00 PM
3. Explore National Parks: The national parks of Cambodia give you a chance to engage with the wildlife. Cambodia is home to a large number of national parks and wildlife sanctuaries being home to some of the rarest species of flora and fauna. National parks are considered to be a paradise for adventure seekers and nature lovers in Cambodia.
Heading over to these places, you will be able to spot a wide range of bird species and endangered wildlife like sun bears, tigers, elephants, and clouded leopards. If you are lucky enough during your Cambodia Family Tours, then you can also sight white-bellied sea eagle, grey-headed fish eagle, and Brahminy Kite as well.
Location: National Hwy 3, Cambodia
Highlights: Sun bears, tigers, elephants, and clouded leopards
4. Enjoy Shopping: Shopping in Cambodia is just a brilliant thing that you would never ever think of missing out on. You will get to find zillions of handicraft products like silver trinkets, betel nut boxes, precious gems and stones, checkered krama scarves, carved wooden items, rice paper prints, and silk products.
Some of the notable landmarks from where you can indulge in shopping during your Cambodia Family Tours are Angkor Handicraft Association, Russian Market in Phnom Penh, Angkor Night Market, and Made in Cambodia Market.
Location: Angkor Night Market St, Krong Siem Reap, Cambodia
Highlights: Precious gems and stones, checkered karma scarves
5. Witness a Circus Show: Watching a circus show is one of the most sought-after activities that you can enjoy in the course of your trip to Cambodia. You will get to witness a wide range of dance, art, music, and circus shows. The performances of talented artists will surely surprise you.
The artists also convey their hardships, stories of struggle, and abuse through special shows. You should not miss out on this activity during your Cambodia Family Tours as you will also get to know more about the local culture and traditions.
Location: Phare Circus Ring Road, south of the intersection with Sok San Road, Siem Reap, Kingdom of Cambodia, Cambodia
Entry fees: Starts from INR 2400
6. Cruising: Cruising in Cambodia will give you a chance to spot dolphins and sharks. It is truly an exhilarating experience for travelers to board a traditional Cambodian boat and head out on one of the most sought-after things to do.
You will be able to capture scenic views of the sunset and witness Irrawaddy River Dolphins in the water as well as many other aquatic mammals. Spending time in this peaceful activity will give you a soothing effect and a refreshing vibe for sure.
Highlights: Irrawaddy River Dolphins
Entry fees: INR 600/- for group tours or backpacker tours; & INR 3,300/- per person for private tours.
What is Cambodia best known for?
Cambodia is best known for its age-old temples and heritage sites that speak a lot about the rich history and stunning architectural marvels of the bygone times. You will come across the largest religious complex in the whole world in Angkor which is home to some of the greatest artistic accomplishments.
Is Cambodia good for families?
Yes, Cambodia is definitely a good place to visit for families as it is a super pleasant and chilled out place. You will be surrounded by places of worship and tourist hotspots that are loaded with heaps of history. During your visit to Cambodia with your loved family members, you will be able to take sightseeing tours of the temples, head out on cruising tours on Mekong and Tonle Rivers, and indulge in shopping at the local marketplaces.
What is the best time to visit Cambodia?
The best month to visit Cambodia would be in between the month of November and the month of March. This time frame is considered to be one of the best times to travel in Cambodia as the temperatures remain low and the weather remains dry and sunny. You can also choose to travel in between the months of December and January as the temperature remains around 20 - 30 degree celsius but the tourist destinations would be a bit crowded.
How many days do you need to explore Cambodia?
In order to cover all the important places of tourist interest, one would take about 5 - 7 days. In this time, you will get to explore the largest archaeological complex of Angkor as well as travel along the tragic past of the city in Phnom Penh. You can also choose to visit some of the nearby cities as well. In the course of your stay, you can explore Siem Reap on a bike, witness the khmer performance at Apsara Dance, spot a wide range of marine creatures while enjoying and relishing the delightful Cambodian Cuisine.
How to reach Cambodia?
By Flight: Cambodia is connected to a number of foreign destinations by air. You can get direct flights to the Phnom Penh International Airport and Siem Reap International Airport from places like Vietnam, China, India, and many more. Some of the major flight operators in this route are Air Asia Philippines, Malaysian Airline, Thai Airways, and Singapore Airlines.
By Train: In order to reach Cambodia by train, you would need to visit Bangkok and then cover the rest distance to Cambodia. You will be able to get a unique experience traveling from Southeast Asia to Cambodia through the scenic routes.
By Road: You can reach Cambodia from some of its neighboring countries like Bangkok by road. Some of the important bus routes are Bangkok to Siem Reap to Phnom Penh and Saigon to Phnom Penh. You will also get buses operating from Vietnam - Cambodia Border.
Do Indian need a visa for Cambodia?
Yes, If the duration of stay is more than 30 days in Cambodia, then there is a need of applying for a valid visa at the respective department with all valid documents and intent of travel. Indians need a visa for Cambodia which comes at a price of around 20 USD. The visa for Cambodia takes about 3 - 5 days to get processed.