1. Snorkeling: One of the top water activities in Sydney, snorkeling is an excellent way to explore the underwater world and look at many beautiful marine creatures. There are many beaches in the city where you can enjoy activity and one of the places is Manly cove beach. You can meet a professional expert who will guide you through the activity even if you are a beginner. You can enjoy a 2-hour snorkeling session on a private or a group tour along with an expert. You will be provided with all the snorkeling equipment such as wetsuits, rash vests, flippers, and foam floating noodles before the activity. You can also enjoy a 1-hour guided snorkeling tour along with an expert and look at many animals such as blue groper and cuttlefish.
Location: Manly cove, Bondi beach
Age restriction: 12 years old and above
2. Underwater Scooter: One of the most thrilling water sports in Sydney, head over to Gordon’s Bay which is the most popular spot for Underwater Scooter. Before your activity, you will meet your instructor who will help you understand the safety guidelines and the procedure of the activity. You can enjoy riding an underwater scooter for three hours with a magnificent view of marine life. Spot many marine creatures such as sea urchins, starfish, blue groper, and many more. If you are an experienced swimmer, you can dive down deep into the water and explore the ocean floor.
Location: Bare Island, Botany Bay NSW 2019, Australia
Age restriction: 16 years and above.
3. Jet Boat Ride: Another thrilling water sports in Sydney, one of the most popular destinations for this activity is at the Sydney Harbor. Once you reach your destination, you can meet your boat captain at the circular quay who will help you with the safety orientation. You will be provided with a life jacket and waterproof poncho before you head over to a thrilling 30-minute trip. Enjoy riding on a high-speed jet at 47 miles per hour while the boat takes 270-degree spins and skids into power brake stop many times, splashing the water in the air. The boat also slows down when you can look at the stunning view of the Sydney Opera House, Sydney Harbor Bridge, Fort Denison, the Australian Navy fleet, and Rose Bay.
Location: Circular Quay, Sydney NSW 2000, Australia
4. Stand Up Paddle: Also known as SUP, Stand-up paddling is becoming more and more popular in the last few years. The activity is an amazing way to get on the water and explore the beautiful beach and its surroundings. You can easily hire a paddle and the equipment on the beach and the instructor will guide you through the activity. If you are looking to enjoy this activity with the best views, one of the top places is the Manly beach where you can SUP lessons before your tour. You can paddle around the moored yachts and hidden coves to explore the beautiful island and Ballamy beach which is an amazing spot for the activity.
Location: Manly Wharf, Bellamy Beach, Woronora River
5. Kayaking: Sydney is known for its many beaches which have calm waters perfect for Kayaking. Head over to Goat Island in Sydney Harbor to experience one of the best water sports in Sydney. Meet your professional instructor who will guide you through the activity and can hire a single or a double kayak available at the beach. You can kayak from Blackwattle Bay to Goat Island and explore the beautiful goat island. Witness one of Sydney's oldest convict-built sandstone buildings and pose for a professional photo with Sydney Harbor Bridge during the activity.
Location: Blackwattle Bay, New South Wales, Australia
6. Flyboard Flight Experience: One of the most exhilarating water sports in Sydney, enjoy a 30-minute flyboard experience in Sydney and feel your heart pounding louder than ever with the adrenaline rush. You will meet a safety instructor who will help you learn how to operate your device with expert instruction. You will also be provided with safety equipment like a lifejacket, wetsuit, helmet, and headset. Blast off from the water and propel yourself up to 14 meters with high-speed water jets and try some tricks and stunts in the air. The activity is available at many popular beaches and the minimum age to try this activity is 9 years.
Location: Gate A, Old Castlereagh Rd, Castlereagh NSW 2749, Australia
7. Scuba Diving: One of the most popular Water Activities in Sydney, you will find many beaches where you can enjoy scuba diving. The top place to enjoy this activity is the Bare island where you will meet a professional guide who will guide you through the experience. You will be given all of the safety equipment before your 45-minute tour. You can dive deep down into the ocean and explore many marine creatures and rock formations. You can also head over to the south head which has a clifftop walk and a beautiful Macquarie Lighthouse. The minimum age for a scuba diving full certification course is 10 years.
8. Surfing: Not for the faint of heart, surfing is one of the most popular water activities in Sydney and there many many beaches in the city where you can enjoy this activity. One of the best places for surfing is Bondi beach where you can meet a professional instructor who will guide you through the activity. Learn the basics of getting up on the board, reading the surf, and catching waves before your activity. Once you have had your surfing lesson, you can pick up your board and enjoy surfing in the ocean waters. Your instructor will come along with you to help you if you need any assistance. Surfing can be enjoyed by both adults and children from 5 years old.
9. Canoeing: Hop on a little boat called a canoe and with a paddle to steer the canoe you can travel through the waters and explore the beautiful surroundings. Sydney is known to have calm waters which are perfect for canoeing. You can head over to the Sydney harbor where you can go on a guided canoeing tour with a professional expert. You can canoe from Blackwattle Bay to Goat Island in Sydney Harbor and look at an amazing view of the Sydney Harbour Bridge and the opera house. Malabar Beach and the Parramatta River are some of the top places to enjoy this activity. The minimum age to take part in the activity is 5 years old.
Location: Blackwattle Bay, New South Wales, Australia