1. Visit The Skippers Canyon: One of the best things to do in Queenstown is to pay a visit to the Skippers Canyon. This beautiful valley is not just a famous stopover spot for cruises passing by, but is also a great spot for indulging in adventure activities, from jet boating and bungee jumping to canyoning.
If you are not into adventures, you can also spend some time soaking in the marvellous landscape and vistas of nature here. Skippers Canyon is also a famous place to enjoy tranquil walks and picnics with your near and dear ones.
Location: 174 Glenda Drive, Queenstown 9300, New Zealand
Timings: 07:30 a.m. to 07:30 p.m.
Price: INR 7,840 onwards
2. Catch A Glimpse Of The Rare Bird Species At Kiwi Birdlife Park: One of the best things to see in Queenstown is the bird of the land, Kiwi. Situated in the heart of the city of Queenstown, the Kiwi Birdlife Park offers you the opportunity to watch this bird from up close and marvel at this feisty bird species.
In addition to the Kiwi bird, this birdlife park is also home to 20 other bird and reptile species, all of which are mostly native to New Zealand, and are rarely found anywhere else in the world. Some of these include the South Island Kaka, the Blue Duck, Kea, Brown Teal, Wood Pigeon, Tuatara and the Otago Skink, among others.
Location: Brecon St, Queenstown, New Zealand
Timings: 09:00 a.m. to 05:00 p.m.
Price: INR 2,200 onwards
3. Soak In The Nature At Milford Sound: Taking in the pristine nature at Milford Sound is definitely one of the top things to do in Queenstown New Zealand. Also known as Piopiotahi, this fjord lies towards the southwest of the South Island in New Zealand. Known for its towering Mitre peak, verdant rainforests, the stunning Stirling and Bowen waterfalls and home to fur seals, penguins and dolphins, this fjord is sure to leave you spellbound.
Enjoy a boat tour, or visit the Milford Discovery Centre and Underwater Observatory here to catch views of the vibrant marine life and the rare black coral here at Milford Sound. As for us, we think Rudyard Kipling was right in calling this place the eighth wonder of the world.
Location: Te Anau, Fiordland National Park 9679, New Zealand
Price: INR 3,500 onwards (for a cruise)
4. Explore Paradise: Located a few kilometres from Glenorchy in the South Island in New Zealand is a quaint little town of Paradise. And it deserves the name it has been given! On your trip to this region, you must add a visit to Paradise on your list of things to do in Queenstown.
Surrounded with farmlands and mountain ranges, this town exudes a beauty that is sure to leave you mesmerised. You can explore the farmlands on foot, or have a taste of the local culture, or even just relax in the lap of nature. Paradise has also served as the backdrop for many famous movies, including The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings.
Location: Otago, New Zealand
5. Relax At Onset Hot Pools: Amongst the best things to do in Queenstown New Zealand is a trip to the Onset Hot Pools, where you can soak in the natural hot water and relax your muscles after a tiring day.
In addition to offering stunning vistas of nature, the hot pools also have healing properties that can reduce your tiredness, pain and stress.
The pools also have private rooms filled with aromatic oils, candles and more, if you are looking for something more private and romantic.
Location: 160 Arthurs Point Road, Queenstown 9371, New Zealand
Timings: 09:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.
Price: INR 5,127 for the daytime pool, INR 6,494 for evening pool
6. Gorge On Delicious Burgers At Fergburger: Looking for fun activities in Queenstown? Head down to Fergburger on Shotover Street and pig out on some of the best and most delicious burgers in the region! The wide array of burgers here not only fill your stomach, but also soothe your soul with every bite you take.
From breakfast burgers to delicious vegan, vegetarian and juicy meat burgers, this bakery also boasts of lip-smacking house sauces and sides, along with thick shakes and drinks to fill you on your trip.
Location: 42 Shotover Street, Queenstown 9300, New Zealand
Price: INR 1,800 onwards (for two people)
7. Enjoy Jet Boating: Want to do something adventurous? Don’t you worry, because Queenstown has got you covered! When determining the adventurous things to do in Queenstown New Zealand, jet boating should be at the top of your list.
Go jet boarding across different rivers in the region, including the Shotover River, Dart River and Kawarau River, and enjoy breath-taking views of the natural landscapes in the region. Enjoy vistas of the Skippers Canyon or the filming location of the Lord of the Rings film during your ride in the sea.
Location: Shotover River, Kawarau River, Dart River
Price: INR 3,688 onwards
8. Go Skiing In The Snow Capped Mountains: Surrounded by snow-capped mountains, it is only fair to enjoy skiing when visiting Queenstown. Go to the Coronet Peak and enjoy the thick white blanket of snow for as far as the eye can see as you ski down the peak.
Skiing is one of the most amazing and adventurous activities in this region of New Zealand, and you must do it at least once during your holiday, especially if you visit during the winters.
Location: Coronet Peak Ski Area, Queenstown 9371, New Zealand
Price: INR 5,500 onwards
9. Enjoy Bungee Jumping: Thinking about things to do in Queenstown? Enjoy a bungee jumping experience off the Kawarau River in the city. Jump into the depths of the city as you feel your heartbeat like never before.
While bungee jumping, you can also get to see stunning views of the lake and other natural surroundings for a more thrilling experience.
Location: Kawarau River, Queenstown, New Zealand
Price: INR 9,455 onwards