As there is no place for camping in Mumbai, Here is the list of some best places for camping near Mumbai:
1. Karnala: Only a short drive away from the city of dreams, Karnala is one of the most popular sites for camping in Mumbai. It is near the famous Karnala Bird Sanctuary and Karnala Fort and is a perfect destination to enjoy a break amidst nature. Here you can spot a range of exotic native and migratory birds or opt for trekking, hiking, boating, etc., like adventures.
-Location: near Karnala Bird Sanctuary, Karnala, Maharashtra 410207
-Amenities: Tents, Washroom, Food, BBQ, Bonfire, Board Games, Adventures, etc.
-Price: Starts at INR 2,000 per adult
2. Kolad: Situated on the banks of the Kundalika River, Kolad is a serene destination offering splendid opportunities for camping near Mumbai. It also features plenty of outdoor activities along with a refreshing tent stay. You can either opt for trekking, or indulge in water sports like kayaking or river rafting on the Kundalika River, or just enjoy the bounty of nature with a leisurely stroll. Make the most of your time with a visit to the nearby village and enjoy their cultural performances.
-Location: Kundalika River, Kolad, Maharashtra
-Amenities: Luxury Tents, Shared Washroom, Food, BBQ, Board Games, Outdoor Activities (ATV Ride, Archery, Nature Walks, Bonfire, Music, Rafting, kayaking), etc.
-Price: Starts at INR 1,625 per adult
3. Vasind: Another great destination for camping around Mumbai, Vasind is known for its picture-perfect setting and tranquil surroundings. The campsite offers a range of thrilling water adventures like kayaking, river rafting, swimming, trekking, etc. However, camping at this natural site lets you breathe fresh air, enjoy the aroma of freshly cooked food in an open fire, and wake up with bird’s melodious chirping. Have the best camping experience at Vasind with your loved ones and capture the best shots of nature.
-Location: near Bhatsai River, Vasind, Maharashtra
-Amenities: Luxury Tents, Shared Washroom, Food, BBQ, Board Games, Outdoor Activities (Nature Walks, Bonfire, Music, Fishing, Boating, Kayaking, Swimming, Hiking), etc.
-Price: Starts at INR 1,600 per adult
4. Pawna Lake: Located close to Lonavala, Pawna Lake is the most popular camping site for nature lovers and peace seekers. The place offers beautiful and calm surroundings and is a perfect place to spend some beautiful moments away from the city's hustle-bustle.
Swim in the pristine waters of the lake or enjoy a thrilling boating experience or have a beautiful evening time with music and bonfire. Choose from twin sharing or triple sharing tents as per your requirements and have a memorable experience.
-Location: Maval Taluka, Pune, Maharashtra
-Amenities: Luxury Tents, Shared Washroom, Meals, BBQ, Indoor/Outdoor Activities (Nature Walks, Bonfire, Music, Boating), etc.
-Price: Starts at INR 1,499 per adult
5. Bhandardara: Nestled amid the spectacular Sahyadri ranges, Bhandardara is another offbeat camping site blessed with abundant picturesque natural resources. Its lush surroundings, grand waterfalls, and majestic mountains attract not only nature lovers but adventure enthusiasts as well and it is one of the best places for camping near Mumbai. Be part of camping at this quaint hill station near Mumbai and feel refreshed and energetic after spending some lovely times in the lap of nature.
-Location: near Igatpuri, Akole tehsil, Ahmednagar, Maharashtra
-Amenities: Luxury Tents, Shared Washroom, Meals, BBQ, Indoor/Outdoor Activities (Nature Walks, Fireflies Tour, trekking, Bonfire, Music, Boating, Kayaking, Archery, Rifle Shooting, Board Games), etc.
-Price: Starts at INR 1,099 per adult
6. Panchgani: Located close to Mahabaleshwar, Panchgani is a serene hilly campsite offering a respite from Mumbai's scorching heat and hectic life. Camping in Mumbai at this site bestows you with picturesque views along with unique stargazing, astrophotography, and observatory experiences.
Camps at Panchgani assure warm hospitality and world-class hygiene facilities. Here, you can participate in Burma Bridge, rock climbing, obstacle course, nature walks and many more thrilling activities.
-Location: Panchgani, Satara, Maharashtra
-Amenities: Luxury Tents (twin/triple sharing), Shared Washroom, Meals, BBQ, Bonfire, Music, Indoor Board Games, Outdoor Activities, etc.
-Price: Starts at INR 1,399 per adult
7. Kashid: Blessed with white beaches, Kashid is a serene town offering a perfect setting for beachside camping. It is a beautiful location to enjoy a romantic retreat or have some memorable moments with your gang. Have a great time with your loved ones by the sea, trek to a nearby fort, indulge in water sports, or just laze around. Do whatever you like and have a lifetime experience.
-Location: Kashid Beach, Murud taluka, Maharashtra
-Amenities: Luxury Tents, Shared Washroom, Meals, BBQ, Indoor/Outdoor Activities (Trekking, Bonfire, Music, Board Games, Water Sports, Horse Riding), etc.
-Price: Starts at INR 1,699 per adult
8. Vaitarna Lake: Unwind yourself with a cherishable experience of camping around Mumbai at the banks of the River Vaitarna. It lets you savor the true taste of nature amidst serene landscapes and offers a range of adventures as well. The camping at this spot is a complete package of a luxury stay, delicious food, western washrooms like modern amenities, music, fun, adventure, and lots of excitement.
-Location: Vaitarna Lake, Wada Taluka, Palghar District, Maharashtra
-Amenities: Luxury Tents, Shared Washroom, Meals, BBQ, Indoor/Outdoor Activities (Bonfire, Music, Board Games, Night Movie Screening, Rappelling, Kayaking), etc.
-Price: Starts at INR 1,520 per adult