1. River Retreat: This is a four-star Heritage ayurvedic resort that preserves the spirit of its glorious past and offers you Ayurvedic therapies in the ambiance of a palace. The rooms are functional, compact, and beautifully designed, with wide windows offering panoramic city views. It is one of the best homestays in Dehradun that features a patio and a garden where you can relax and enjoy a rejuvenating stroll.
Location: New Cantonment Road Khabadwala PO Gunghora, 130109 Dehradun, India
Price: Rs 3400 per night
2. Garden House Dehradun: Surrounded by paddy fields and apple orchards, Garden House Dehradun is one of the best homestays in Dehradun, where you can get away from the mundane lifestyle and maddening crowd. The homestay has two rooms, one washroom, an eating zone, a fully furnished kitchen, and a landscaped garden. You can calm down your stressed mind with the undisturbed views that this homestay provides. The guests can spend time with the friendly hosts, get an insight into the local culture and enjoy authentic local cuisines with their families.
Location: 248001, Rajpur Road, Jakhan, Dehradun, Uttarakhand 248195
Price: Rs 3000 per night
3. Doon Estate By Vista Rooms: This is one of the best homestays in Dehradun that will relieve you of all your exhaustions with its natural bounties and peaceful environment. Nestled on a forested hill, Doon Estate By Vista Rooms is a classic boutique-styled homestay where you can enjoy a laid-back urban lifestyle. It features clean and spacious accommodations equipped with all the modern amenities like a washing machine, a couch, a television, and a closet. The hosts are warm and friendly and will give you an insight into the Garhwali cultures and traditions.
Location: Near café de Piccolo on the opposite side, 248009 Dehradun, India
Price: Rs 5000 per night
4. Ashiana Homestay: Get ready for a digital detox as you plan your stay at Ashiana Homestay, a nature retreat with an idyllic location and an awe-inspiring setting. The hosts are welcoming and friendly and aim to foster an appreciation of nature within the guests by organizing various educational programs like conservation talks and wildflower walks. You can enjoy panoramic views from the sprawling terrace and enjoy authentic local cuisines made using locally sourced ingredients. You can also enjoy here sit-down meals, barbecues, buffets, picnics, canapés, and room service.
Location: Mount View Colony, Sahastradhara Rd, Dehradun, Uttarakhand 248001
Price: Rs 1200 per night
5. Serene Homestay: This is a Narnia-style wonderland surrounded by orange orchards, mist-shrouded mountains, and beautiful gardens. The lodge has been designed in the traditional Garhwali style and has a rooftop terrace and a steam room where you can relax your muscles after a long trip. It has spacious and airy rooms with a retro-style interior, funky copper bathtubs, and antler chandeliers. You can enjoy activities here such as cooking classes, farm tours, and village exploration. Stays also include delicious meals featuring traditional Garhwali dishes such as phaanu and kafuli.
Location: Baharatwala, New, Mussoorie Rd, Dehradun, Uttarakhand 248141
Price: Rs 900 per night
6. Himalayan Villa: This 4-room Himalayan wonderland is an absolute retreat for solitude seekers and nature lovers. It is one of the most eco-friendly Dehradun Homestays that harness solar and wind energy for electricity. The homestay features a fully stocked kitchen where you cook your favorite dishes to have a homely feeling. You’ll find hammocks on the property that are an antidote for tired souls and a great way to laze away in the afternoon with a glass of local drink. You can also rent vehicles here to have a tour of the nearby attractions and enjoy shopping.
Location: Himalayan Retreat Near Shahen Bagh, Jamoliwala, Dehradun, Uttarakhand 248141
Price: Rs 700 per night
7. Hill-View Studio Home: High up in the enchanting forests, you’ll find this majestic homestay that grants you a fairy tale stay experience with its lavish amenities and postcard-perfect surroundings. You can hear the chirping of birds, run after the colorful butterflies, play with rabbits and goats while enjoying your stay at this property. It is one of the best Dehradun Homestays that features one room and one restroom outfitted with free toiletries and a shower. The homestay also features a lush green lawn where you can relax or unwind with your family or enjoy a picnic.
Location: Aranya retreat, Aranya retreat, Maldevta Road, Seraiki, 248001 Dehradun, India
Price: Rs 1200 per night
8. Paradise Homestay: This is one of the most popular Dehradun Homestays run by a local couple who have restored this property to keep the Garhwali essence intact. It has state-of-the-art rooms with high ceilings, period furniture, silk linens, and antique crystal chandeliers. The homestay also features an independent garden cottage amid coconut, mango, and jackfruit trees. It has a grassy outdoor sitting area where you can unwind, relax and enjoy the slow pace of life. You can enjoy here various in-house activities such as ludo, chess, snake and ladder, and cooking.
Location: Unnamed Road, Race Course, Dehradun, Uttarakhand 248001
Price: Rs 1100 per night