Darjeeling Tour Package
|Exclusive Gangtok Darjeeling Getaway | FREE Yak Ride||4 Days|
|Gangtok Sikkim Darjeeling Couple Delight | FREE Candle Light Dinner||7 Days|
|Gangtok Pelling Darjeeling | FREE Ropeway Adventure||6 Days|
|Exclusive Sikkim Trip | FREE Ropeway Adventure||9 Days|
|Group Adventure Darjeeling Gangtok | FREE Toy Train Ride||4 Days|
|Luxorious Trip to Gangtok Pelling and Darjeeling | FREE Skywalk||6 Days|
Darjeeling packages - Browse through a wide range of Darjeeling holiday packages with exciting offers at Thrillophilia. Book customized Darjeeling packages with exciting deals & offers.
Get a chance to immerse yourself in the enchanting beauty of Darjeeling with Thrillophilia’s meticulously crafted Darjeeling tour packages. Nestled in the Indian state of West Bengal, Darjeeling is a picturesque hill station that attracts tourists with its stunning landscapes, lush tea gardens, and vibrant culture. Our packages unlock the gateway to this stunning destination which is a perfect blend of nature, culture, and adventure.
Thrillophilia’s tour packages for Darjeeling offer well-curated itineraries, comfortable accommodations, and expert guides to ensure seamless travel. With our Darjeeling holiday packages, you can witness the sunrise from Tiger Hill, casting an ethereal glow on the snow-capped peaks of the Kanchenjunga range. It is a spectacle that is a hallmark of our exclusive holiday packages for Darjeeling.
Also, get a chance to indulge in the vibrant local culture with visits to monasteries, temples, and charming colonial architecture that narrates the town’s fascinating history. Additionally, immerse yourself in the world of tea plantations as you traverse the lush greenery of the renowned Darjeeling tea estates, savouring the aroma of freshly plucked teas. So, go on a journey of a lifetime with Thrillophilia’s Darjeeling packages where each moment is a celebration of nature’s splendour and cultural diversity.
Darjeeling Tour Package from Kolkata, Darjeeling Tour Packages from Mumbai, Darjeeling Tour Packages from Bangalore, Darjeeling Tour Packages from Pune, Darjeeling Tour Packages from Chennai, Darjeeling Tour Packages from Nagpur, Darjeeling Tour Packages from Hyderabad, Darjeeling Tour Packages from Ahmedabad, Darjeeling Tour Packages from Coimbatore, Darjeeling Tour Packages from Delhi
Although the best Darjeeling tour packages is considered to be between the months of April and June, one can also choose to visit the place in other months.
The best time to book your Darjeeling tour packages is year-round, each season offering a unique experience and wide range of experiences. However, the best time to visit Darjeeling depends on your personal preferences and interests.
Peak Season: The peak season is considered from March to May when this town welcomes clear skies, blooming flowers, and pleasant weather. This is the perfect time for an amazing sightseeing experience.
Shoulder Season: Generally from June to August, this season brings lush greenery and low tourist crowds, although monsoons can lead to occasional showers.
Waning Season: The waning season, from September to November, offers post-monsoon freshness, clear views of the Himalayas, and vibrant landscapes.
By Air: There are no direct flights to Darjeeling as it doesn’t have its own airport. The nearest airport is Bagdogra Airport which is approx 69 kilometres away. The airport operates flights from cities like Delhi, Kolkata, and Mumbai to Bagdogra Airport, Siliguri. You can hire a taxi which will take around 2 hours 40 minutes to reach Darjeeling.
By Road: To reach Darjeeling by road, a scenic drive from Siliguri is the common route. It takes around 2 hours to reach Darjeeling, covering a distance of approximately 70 kilometres. This road trip offers breathtaking views of mountains, making it an adventurous and picturesque route to this enchanting destination.
By Rail: There are no direct trains operating to Darjeeling. The nearest train station is New Jalpaiguri (NJP) in Siliguri which is approximately 88 kilometres away. From here, you’ll board a toy train which takes approximately 7 hours to reach Darjeeling.
Here are some of the famous places to visit in Darjeeling:
1. Darjeeling Himalayan Railway: The Darjeeling Himalayan Railway is a 88 kilometers long train line, which was built between 1879 and 1881. A UNESCO World Heritage Site, this railway line serves as an important medium of transport between different parts of the lower plains and hills of Darjeeling. The world-famous Darjeeling Toy Train runs in this railway route attracting a myriad of national and international tourists. Along with a couple of other railway lines that were constructed here in the later period, this place is known as the Mountain Railways of India and a must include place in your Darjeeling tour packages.
2. Tiger Hill: A UNESCO World Heritage Site, Tiger Hill is a stunning vantage point, offering breathtaking panoramic views of the mighty mountain peaks of Kanchenjunga and Everest. Perched at an elevation of 2590 meters above sea level and offering great hiking opportunities, Tiger Hill is often found in the Darjeeling tour packages of both novice and experienced trekkers. Tiger Hill is also known to offer unmatched sunrise and sunset views for visitors to soak in.
3. Batasia Loop: The world-famous Batasia Loop is a beautiful lush toy train route, which is considered to be one of the most photogenic railway routes to add in your Darjeeling trip packages. This train pathway is uniquely designed to wind around itself, passing through a tunnel. Lying in Ghoom, the Batasia Loop starts from the middle of the lush forested mountain slopes and overlooks the mighty snow-clad Kanchenjunga peaks. With colorful flowers lining both sides of this railway route, the Batasia Loop offers you enthralling panoramic views of Tiger Hill and awe-inspiring mountain peaks as you take your train ride.
4. Nightingale Park: Frequently found in the Darjeeling holiday packages of all couples, the enchanting Nightingale Park is known popularly for its lush green environs and soft cool breeze. Originally known as 'The Shrubbery', this park served as the courtyard of the bungalow of Sir Thomas Tartan, during colonial rule. This oval-shaped park has a covered archway at the entrance, which leads to the charming pebbled walkways. Nightingale Park is home to a picturesque musical fountain and a magnificent statue of Lord Shiva.
5. Darjeeling Rock Garden: Also known as Barbotey Rock Garden and encompassed by a picturesque hill stream and flower-clad slope, the Darjeeling Rock Garden is one of the best places to go picnicking on Darjeeling tours. The breathtaking garden is well-equipped with good sitting arrangements for the visitors. The Rock Garden is also home to a wide range of exotic flora, stunning bridges, and photogenic waterfalls. Tourists visiting the Rock Garden can indulge in hiking, pony riding, and landscape photography.
6. Darjeeling Peace Pagoda: Perched on the slopes of Jalapahar hills, the magnificent Japanese Peace Pagoda in Darjeeling was built to be the epitome of harming, goodwill, and unity among people. The Peace Pagoda was constructed under the Japanese Buddhist monk, Nichidatsu Fujii and inaugurated on 1 November 1992. Often found in the Darjeeling holiday packages of nature and peace lovers, the Peace Pagoda lets you soak in the mesmerizing panoramic views of Mt. Kanchenjunga. The four different avatars of Lord Buddha are carved into the walls of The Darjeeling Peace Pagoda.
7. Padmaja Naidu Himalayan Zoological Park: Perched at an elevation of around 7,000 feet above sea level and also known as Darjeeling Zoo, the Padmaja Naidu Zoological Park is often visited by wildlife enthusiasts on their Darjeeling tours. Home to a breeding center for red pandas and snow leopards, this zoo is known famously for its conservation and breeding programs. Visitors can easily spot Asiatic black bear, Himalayan Wolf, Red Panda, Sambar Deer, Royal Bengal Tiger, Leopard Cat, and Eastern Pangolin in this zoological park.
8. Ghoom Monastery: Perched at an altitude of around 8,000 feet above sea level, Ghoom Monastery is considered to be the most ancient Tibetan Buddhist monastery to add in your Darjeeling trip packages. Established by Lama Sherab Gyatso in 1850, the monastery is home to a magnificent 15 feet tall statue of Maitreyi Buddha. This life-size statue is made of clay sourced from Tibet and is placed in the main hall of the monastery. Visitors can soak in the spellbinding panoramic views of Mount Kanchenjunga from the outside of the Ghoom Monastery.
9. Singalila National Park: Nestled at a height of over 7,000 feet above sea level and spread across a vast area of around 78.60 sq km, the very popular Singalila National Park is considered to be the highest national park in West Bengal state and best place to visit on Darjeeling trip. Often found in the Darjeeling holiday packages of wildlife enthusiasts, this national park is home to rhododendron forests, orchid beds, and exotic animals. Tourists visiting Singalila National Park can spend time trekking, camping, bird watching, and spotting the Himalayan black bear and red panda.
10. Rimbik: The small, quaint village of Rimbik is one of the most off-beat places to include your Darjeeling tour packages. Lying in the area of the Singalila National Park, this village is known for its exotic flora, cool whispering breeze, and stunning views of Mount Kanchenjunga. Offering unmatched peace and privacy, the least explored Rimbik is a paradise for honeymooners. Rimbik has a number of budget-friendly homestays and is also known to offer excellent stargazing experiences at night.
Here are some of the best things to do in Darjeeling:
1. Take a ride in Toy Train: It is a sin to go on a Darjeeling tours and miss out on the world-famous toy train ride. Running on the very popular Darjeeling Himalayan Railway line, the toy train will take you from Darjeeling town to Ghoom through Batasia Loop. You will halt for around 10 minutes at Batasia Loop and get the opportunity to witness the war memorial built in the memory of the Gurkha soldiers of Darjeeling. Upon reaching Ghoom, you will also get to see the intriguing railway museum.
2. River Rafting in Teesta River: Experience an unfathomable adrenaline rush by enjoying a rafting trip in the clear icy waters of the Teesta river. As you raft down on the waters of River Teesta, you can soak in the enchanting panoramic views of the mystical mountains, quaint hamlets, cultivated farmlands, lush green vegetation, dense jungles, and colourful exotic birds. No matter if you are a beginner or a seasoned rafter, you can enjoy rafting in the totally safe rafting stretch of the Teesta river. The river has three grades of rapids, ranked from 2 to 4 and best thing to add in your Darjeeling trip packages.
Must Checkout: Teesta River Rafting
3. Cable car ride in Darjeeling Ropeway: One of the most fun-filled and safest adventure activities to enjoy with Darjeeling holiday packages is the Darjeeling Ropeway ride. Your boarding point will be Singamari and the ropeway ride will take you to Tukvar and back. On your ropeway ride, you can soak in the views of river Ramman, Little Rangeet, lush tea estates, and majestic snow-clad mountains.
4. Explore the Tea Gardens: You will never want to bid Darjeeling goodbye without exploring the lush, green tea gardens. So, while you are in the hill town of Darjeeling, do plan a tea estate visit with darjeeling tour packages. You can take a leisure walk through the plantations, smell the aroma, feel the cool fresh breeze kiss your face, soak in the breathtaking views, click a host of pictures, and learn how tea is processed. One of the best ways to explore the tea gardens of Darjeeling is by staying on a tea estate. Rainbow Valley Resort on Kalej Valley Tea Estate and Tathagata Farm are some of the budget places that offer you accommodation amidst the tea gardens and also arrange guided plantation walks for you.
5. Relish Some local food: The cuisine of Darjeeling is too flavourful for you to wind up your tour without sampling some. Strongly inspired by Nepalese and Tibetan cuisine, the food of Darjeeling is totally worth trying on darjeeling trip. One of the most popular local delicacies that no tourist wants to miss is Momos. Momos are served either steamed or fried, with a clear soup, sauce, or pickles. A noodle soup mixed with vegetables, eggs, or meat, Thukpa is another popular dish to enjoy in the mountains of Darjeeling. Churpee, Shaphalay, and Gundruk are other recommended dishes to try on your food tour in Darjeeling. The locally brewed beer Chaang and the world-famous Darjeeling Tea should also be on your list.
6. Visit a Monastery: If you are a spiritual or peace seeker, you will definitely love to include a monastery visiting tour in your Darjeeling packages. You will find a host of Buddhist monasteries in and around Darjeeling, owing to the predominance of Buddhism as a religion in the region. These monasteries will astound you with their vibrant murals, peaceful aura, and magnificent life-size Golden statues of Lord Buddha. The closest monastery to the town of Darjeeling is the Bhutia Busty Monastery, which dates back to the 19th century. Other popular monasteries that you can visit in Darjeeling include Yiga Choeling Monastery, Guru Monastery, Samten Choeling Gompa, and Druk Sangag Choeling Monastery.
7. Learn Mountaineering at Himalayan Mountaineering Institute: Learning mountaineering and rock climbing at Himalayan Mountaineering Institute is one of the top activities found in the Darjeeling tour packages of avid mountain lovers. You can visit the museum of the institute and gather information about the tricks to hike Mount Everest. You can also learn about the expeditions that have been undertaken previously to climb Everest. You can also attempt to climb the indoor rock wall or experience outdoor rock climbing at Tenzing Norgay Rock.
8. Trekking: The ever-charming mountains, valleys, and passes of Darjeeling offer an amazing trekking experience, which you should never miss out on Darjeeling tours. From a short one-day trekking experience to a long week of mountain hiking, you can enjoy all kinds of trekking expeditions in Darjeeling. Since there are diverse terrains in Darjeeling, starting from lenient gradients to steep slopes, both beginners and experienced trekkers can enjoy the experience of trekking here. Some of the most popular trekking routes include Phalut Trek, Srikhola to Sandakphu Trek, Kamala Falls Trek, Purbikhola Trek, and Trek To Bamunpukhuri Jungle.
9. Explore the Local Market: A shopping experience in the local market should be included in the Darjeeling packages of all shopaholics. To shop like a local you can head to Chowk Bazaar, which is located in the southern part of Darjeeling. As you take a stroll through this bustling local market, you can see locals shopping for regular products at bargainable prices. While you are on a shopping spree at Chowk Bazaar, you can shop your heart out for a wide range of local produce including tea, spices, carved boxes, rugs, textiles, fur caps, Buddhist artifacts, shoes, brassware, silverware, and home decor items.
10. Experience the Thrill of Paragliding: If you want to enjoy some adventure in the mountains, include a paragliding tour across the stunning skyline in your Darjeeling packages. Paragliding is one of the best ways to explore the hidden secrets of Darjeeling. While you glide in the sky, you can soak in the mesmerizing panoramic views of the spectacular snow-clad mountain peaks, lush tea gardens, and impressive colonial structures. Paragliding is generally hosted in Darjeeling between the months of October and April and each session lasts for 15 to 30 minutes. Beginners have the privilege of going for tandem paragliding, wherein they will be accompanied by a professional instructor for the flight.
Browse through a wide range of Darjeeling tour packages from different cities like: Darjeeling Tour Packages from Kerala, Darjeeling Tour Packages from Surat, Darjeeling Tour Packages from Vadodara, Darjeeling Tour Packages from Lucknow, Darjeeling Tour Packages from Indore, Darjeeling Tour Packages from Rajkot, Darjeeling Tour Packages from Guwahati, Darjeeling Tour Packages from Bhubaneswar, Darjeeling Tour Packages from Visakhapatnam